Oyster shells

I agree, you can put it out in a separate dish. If they need it they will eat it. I found mine disliked the Manna Pro brand pebbles but eat up oyster shell flakes which I was only able to find online from Scratch and Peck.
That's so strange you say that. I went to buy more oyster shell a couple weeks ago and none of the feed stores around me had the flaked(which I normally purchase) only the pebbled, so I said whatever it's all the same and bought it. Got home and filled up their container and none of them would touch it! Ended up ordering some from Small Pet Select, way overpriced, but what are you gonna do...wonder what's up with the shortage

has something to do with the pandemic, or what I read on Scratch and Peck's site. I don't know if it has to do with importing or what.
I believe S&P sources mostly from Pac NW (package simply says "sourced from USA"), and there's a shortage of oyster shells/processing of oyster shells right now in the area.

I've most recently bought Small Pet Select oyster shells in order to get flaked shell and my birds seem fine with that.

Back
Top Bottom