Pabting hen but not hot

Sberrie

Songster
May 3, 2019
Delaware
My hen started acting weird yesterday. She's panting but it's 65 degrees, when she walks her whole body trembles. She spends most time laying down with wings out. She definitely presents as gotten to hot but I don't know how that's possible.

Do you have a picture of her? How warm is her coop? Is she overweight? Can you tell us if she has been eating and drinking normally? Does she lay eggs? Is her lower belly between the legs enlarged or fuller? What do the droppings look like?

I took a video but it won't let me post. She feels warm but no warmer than her flock mates. She's not overweight, actually has made a come back from a few months ago when she starved herself because she only wanted treats instead of food.
Not eating or drinking this morning. She doesn't appear to have ascites, just lost one of my older girls a couple days ago to that.
Haven't seen her lay but not surprisingly bc of the aforementioned issue. She has runny white droppings, that almost appear to just drain out.

Attachments

• 20230513_081139.jpg
    20230513_081139.jpg
    682 KB · Views: 8
Videos must be uploaded to a site such as YouTube with a link posted here. She may be too weak to get enough food and water. I would place multiple water stations around the area and close to her. Try offering some scrambled egg and putting water into a small bowl of chicken pellets to soften them.

Videos must be uploaded to a site such as YouTube with a link posted here. She may be too weak to get enough food and water. I would place multiple water stations around the area and close to her. Try offering some scrambled egg and putting water into a small bowl of chicken pellets to soften them.
I have her in the medical coop now with multiple water and food spots. Will try a scrambled egg and some frozen fruits

She doesn't appear to have ascites, just lost one of my older girls a couple days ago to that.
Are you certain this was the diagnoses of the hen you lost previously? Ascites isn't something contagious, but birds ailing and dying with days can be coincidental, but also can be the beginning of an outbreak.

Are you certain this was the diagnoses of the hen you lost previously? Ascites isn't something contagious, but birds ailing and dying with days can be coincidental, but also can be the beginning of an outbreak.
About 90% certain. No vets and no way to get an autopsy. But this one's symptoms are totally different than the others.

Back
Top Bottom