Pacific Poultry Breeder's Association Show Thread - Feb. 3-5 2017 - Modesto, California

i had really wanted to go last year and it did not work out but THIS year i am THERE! i am hoping i do not come home with birds but of course i want to look and you know how THAT goes! so on sat...what time should i plan to be there and maybe buy a a couple of birds? the main reason i am going is to hopefully make some connections for some bantam breeds i can not get around here (sonoma county).  i would LOVE to have a bantam buckeye, maybe welsummer, barred rocks...really looking for bantam anything...also ameraucanas! marans????? as for meeting up with BYC members...that would be pretty nice. would love to have real faces to match up! hopeuflly coming with a friend i work for and she has 80-100 chickens.....i have 22 (but 4 hatching this week). 
You should be there at 8 am Saturday. You may not find the bantam breeds you have noted, but there will be plenty of bantams for sale.

Walt

Bill & I are planning on going this year. We'll probably just be lookie Lous. The only birds we are in the market for are a few barred Plymouth Rocks for our son. He loves the barred birds, but every last barred bird we've had turned out to be a rooster and we don't really need more roosters. I don't think we need show quality birds, but we're excited to see them all.

I would like to buy some BCM chicks-any hope of that? When does sale of birds start? I'm coming from Sonora .

I'll be there all day Saturday - YAY!
I hope to see as many of you as possible also.

I have some frizzles, sizzles, silkies, & a showgirl available for pre-sale and pickup at the show.
$15 ea, all are PQ & straight run (exceptions listed below)

red pyle frizzled sizzled cockerel yes, he's crowing) $10

white smooth sizzle (probably a pullet) $15

white silkie, slightly cross-beaked, $10

Black silkie #1 (all black feathers & skin)

Frizzled sizzle, paint (just a couple of dark feathers so far), suspected pullet

Black silkie #2, huge head pouf already, a couple of white feather on wings & feet

White showgirl

I also have 2 pair of silver-laced english orpingtons, 8 months old, Ewe Crazy/Marc Sacre line. Pics/more info on request.

PM me for additional pics / details.

Hello All! Debi here from Heaven Sent Ranch. Haven't visited in quite some time.

As some of you may know, I've sold the ranch. Moved in with my boyfriend and purchased a home in Oregon. A LOT of adjustments for one year! We are putting the house in NorCal on the market this year and will be relocating on a permanent basis to the Oregon coast. The property there is much smaller and I won't have the space to do justice to all the projects I have.

With that being said, I had to make some very tough choices as to my poultry. After quite a few long evenings discussing options, I've decide to let go of my flock of Black Copper Marans. I will keep one pair just for fun and in case I wake up one day and say, "*** were you thinking?!"

I'm also letting go of a few other breeds. Here is what I have available for sale and can deliver to Modesto on February 3rd at the PPBA show. Prepaid only, I'm not willing to haul this many birds down unless they are paid for.

1 Black Copper Marans Cock, 2 years old, LP/BD cross

7 Black Copper Marans Hens, 1 to 2 years old, BD/HSR cross

2 Black Copper Marans Pullets, 5 months old, WJ line.

These Marans are NOT my culls. I culled months ago, these are my breeders from 2 different pens. A lot of years and a lot of work went into this flock. $600 for all 10 birds, to someone who is serious about the breed.

1 Pair of Poulet Bleu. These are from the original line I started with back in 2011. The only pair I held onto. $100 (Not GreenFire)

3 Olive Egger pullets......................Brian Parks, Frazier Creek Farms Line, $75

1 Cream Legbar cockerel................FREE TO GOOD HOME

1 Pullet of unknow origin, lol.............most likely half Poulet Bleu & half Olive Egger................................FREE TO GOOD HOME

You can PM me or email me at [email protected]

Pictures available as soon as it quits RAINING!!!!

Back
Top Bottom