Packaging eggs for sale

OTTB228

In the Brooder
Jul 11, 2015
Kansas
I apologize if this is the wrong place to put it but egglaying was the best matching place lol

For those of you who sell at farmers markets or to stores, talk to me about your packaging? Egg sales can be tough local here because a lot of old timers sell eggs for $1 or $2 a dozen. For me, that doesn't even cover my costs of keeping my birds so I travel to a city to sell my eggs. Folks there are big on presentation. I want my eggs to stand out. I'm going with teal egg cartons with a sleeve cover for all the required information. Each egg is also individually stamped with a blue ribbon.

What do YOU do to make your eggs stand out at a place where other folks are also selling eggs?

Hello there! I have been selling eggs at our town, (mind you it´s rather small, maybe 250 people come on Sundays) but what I do is buy egg cartons from Murray McMurray, they´re prices are not that bad. I also sell my eggs to the local bar/tavern for $2 dollars a dozen and they sell them for us at the same price. Murray McMurray also sells blank paper to put on your cartons too, so you can print your design and such. Hope it helps!

Sincerely, Pyotr Koecher

P.S. how many hens do you have? I have 29
laying hens and sell about 12 dozen per week

Back
Top Bottom