Packing peanuts any guesses?

If I'm correct, gold sex link males will be white will sparatic red/gold feathers when they feather out, so am I safe to assume that if they do develop some colored feathers they are sex link males but if they remain solid white they are Plymouth rocks ?

I was looking at pics and reading about both sex links and white rocks and it seems like white rocks are greyish as chicks with blue legs and sex links are yellow with orange legs, mine seem like a mix of both :/ why do these things have to be so difficult

I also doubt they're going to use meaties as packing peanuts. My vote is for gold sex link males.
I agree that that they are Red (Gold) Sex Link males. Ideal sells loads of those pullets and likely uses the leftover males as packing peanuts. Because they are sex linked, they wouldn't even have to take the time to vent sex them; just toss the reddish ones into the pullet order boxes and the whitish ones into the boxes that need some packing peanuts. I'd start thinking about re-homing them.

I agree that that they are Red (Gold) Sex Link males. Ideal sells loads of those pullets and likely uses the leftover males as packing peanuts. Because they are sex linked, they wouldn't even have to take the time to vent sex them; just toss the reddish ones into the pullet order boxes and the whitish ones into the boxes that need some packing peanuts. I'd start thinking about re-homing them.
Unfortunately I think you're right. I was hoping for Cornish X or white rocks so that I had a chance of them messing up on sexing so I could get a female. I don't know who would take 16 males

Back
Top Bottom