Page jumping around

bigred77

Chirping
Mar 25, 2015
Marble Falls, TX
I'm not sure if its my settings on here or not, but this is the only website that seems to do it.
But it seems to be jumping around long after the page is loaded, I think its tied to the Sams video add that comes up on the right hand side of the screen because no matter where I am on the page it pops to where that add is on the top of the screen.

anyway to make that stop?

It is really annoying and makes it almost impossible to read and/or post in a thread because it does it repeatedly, I scroll away and start to read the latest post and it jumps right back, over and over again

The video ads are the devil! Depending on the browser you are using there are adblocker options - or, if you become a "golden feather" member you can turn the ads off......and then it is blissful peace as you surf BYC.

x2! Going with the Golden Feather made all the difference between enjoying the site or playing musical chairs with the thread I was following! Even my ad blocker couldn't keep it seamless.

Thanks for the post!

There shouldn't be any automatically playing ads. If there are, please see here and report them:

Q: How Can I Turn Off Advertising / Advertisements On The Site?  I saw some inappropriate ads, what should I do?
A: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...he-ads-on-the-right-of-the-page#post_10043121

Im on mobile now for most of the weekend, but i know it was a Sam's Club video ad that was taking over my scroll bar and auto starting
Ill follow the steps on Monday if it is still doing it to me

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom