Paint Showgirl Thread

I just received 7 hatching eggs from Shayna in Iowa. Her packaging is great, her communication is awesome, and she made me a nice custom order after I was taken advantage of by an unscrupulous seller, resulting in a shipment of completely unhatchable eggs. Here is what her packaging looks like for her eggs. This batch is mostly paint silkies/showgirls with some polish mixes possible.

YEA! So glad you got some good eggs and they arrived in great shape. It's too bad you had a not so pleasant experience with shipped eggs before.
I can't image that the breeder did not have pink skin problems themselves also.

Remember that light beaks are also not acceptable along with the light skin and lack of all the other traits of Silkies. Five good spaced toes are a must too. Heavy foot feathers covering middle toe.

Paints are new and Showgirls are sometimes hard to get correct so trying to combine them both is a challenge sometimes.
I've been blessed with my breeding program and for what it is worth I am going to breed Paint to Paint this time. SG to Silkie

And also a Black split Lav roo over the Paint Silkie hens.

Not hatching till warmer weather though.Glad you started this thread, nothin cuter than a ShowGirl chick, and if it's spotted that's even better!
Here is pics of my young roo.

I know this is not on the subject but how on earth can I make my website address get changed on here???
I have changed it on my profile several times and it ALWAYS shows up wrong.
It should not say .com it is .net
Who do I need to contact??? Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Sorry to post this here but I see it is listed here again WRONG.
Cheryl

OOOPS so sorry, as you can see I DID fix it, finally figured it out that it was in my signature that I needed to change it not just my profile.
Disregard the other dumb message.....
Cheryl
Chickens I understand.....computers
barnie.gif
......not so much!

Hi Bethany,
I replied to your e-mail sent to the website, not sure I sent it correctly..
Let me know if you got it.
Yes I still have him, it is the roo pictured in the above message, Soccor.
I recently updated the website..
Still not positive that I am no longer going to raise SG's so not sure if Soccor will be needed.
If I decide to just raise Silkies I will sell him.

Ah, I never got the email...the contact form was acting wonky for me, as well. Let me know if you do decide to sell him, I could meet you halfway and avoid shipping stress. He is EXACTLY what I've been looking for.

I sent another e-mail hope it goes through. I am surprised at the little interest in Paint Showgirls....seems there should be more activity on this thread.
caf.gif

I spent some time this AM cutting toenails and re-checking everyones feet and toes.
I grabbed Soccor while he was handy and took pic of his foot feathers, mighty hard to hold the squirming bird and take a picture with the free hand.
barnie.gif
This is not his whole leg....just his feet, looong feathers and fluff.

Looks like he has one short leg????? Both the same but he was in the midst of escaping my grasp!
He runs out all the time but still manages to keep a good batch of feathers going.
I'm very interested in the SG Paints and I hope others will join in here and discuss and show pics.
Thanks for starting the thread.
Cheryl

Back
Top Bottom