Pair of bull snakes living in the wall of my chicken house!!!!!! HELP, ARE BULL SNAKES A THREAT!?!?!

MoodyBroody622

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 23, 2013
Scribner, Nebraska
We just got a pair of bull snakes in the act of mating in my bantam run
idunno.gif
. I am not scared of snakes and threw them in the grass outside the run, they came back through and into the wall of our RIR house.
barnie.gif
The RIR's are full grown but I also raise bantam chickens
love.gif
(live in a seperate coop) and am expecting my broody (in a different building now, will be moved back to Banty Run when she hatches chicks) to hatch chicks!!!!
D.gif
She is setting on eggs now and they are due to hatch in the next week
jumpy.gif
! Should I be worried? My dad and grandpa say to leave them alone because they are eating the mice that live in my animal buildings! But will they snatch my chicks?
hide.gif
What can I do? I caught them locking to mate right there in the run! What can I do!!! Please help!
bow.gif
Someone tell me that they are not going to attack my smaller bantams and my chicks when they hatch!!!!!!!!
fl.gif
Any help is needed!!
idunno.gif

any snake is a predator.... a shovel/ bullet will fix that. when they run out of mice they will attack the chicks/ hens. or once the chicks hatch, they are an easier meal to catch and eat than the mice. best to set mice traps, and get rid of the snakes.

any snake is a predator.... a shovel/ bullet will fix that. when they run out of mice they will attack the chicks/ hens. or once the chicks hatch, they are an easier meal to catch and eat than the mice. best to set mice traps, and get rid of the snakes.
Absolutely! Take a shovel and cut 'em in half! Or shoot the scumbags!

Back
Top Bottom