Pale comb and weight loss

I too would be a little concerned about her size. It may be just the camera angle but she does look quite rotund and that could make her neck appear thinner, but it could also be a mini moult.
What do you feed them and are you sure she is just 9 months? Her legs look like those of a slightly older bird.
I noticed her legs, too! In fact, I had to re-read the post because I wondered “what breed of bird has those jet black feathers and heavy legs? “

I too would be a little concerned about her size. It may be just the camera angle but she does look quite rotund and that could make her neck appear thinner, but it could also be a mini moult.
What do you feed them and are you sure she is just 9 months? Her legs look like those of a slightly older bird.
I'm feeding them 70% layer and 30% chick starter with scratch.
Her hatch date was March 15. So she is 9 months. Do you think she may have scaley mites???

Makes sense. It seems like her feathers may have thinned out around the neck area from just a month ago. Thanks for your input.

Can you post some more photos of her including the legs?
Have you taken a look to see if she has pin feathers coming in around her neck, quick and easy to do, that would confirm if she is going through a mini-molt.

How much scratch are you feeding? It might be the angle, but she looks rather rotund. Scratch should be 10% or less of the diet per day, by weight. Being fat is not good for a chicken.

Can you post some more photos of her including the legs?
Have you taken a look to see if she has pin feathers coming in around her neck, quick and easy to do, that would confirm if she is going through a mini-molt.
I saw some pin feathers. Also some black feathers around the yard.
20181109_151802.jpg
20181109_151751.jpg
20181109_151808.jpg
20181109_152026.jpg
Here are a couple of pics of her legs and I also included a pic of our RIR who is 4 years old who stopped laying for months now. I ran out and put vaseline on their legs bc I was paranoid they had scaley mites.

Back
Top Bottom