Pale comb in white cochins

NEK38583

Songster
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Sparta, TN
Is it normail for a white cochin hen to have a light comb. I know I have heard of illness that gives them a plae comd. I was just wondering if this is normail. I got her yesterday. I did not notice her comb being that pale until I got her home is that normail. I would appreciate any help anyone could give me. Thanks.

A photo would help. How old is she? If she is young, she may not have pinked up yet. Also, my hens get pale combs when they molt or are broody for long periods.

has she been laying?
as "coffeemama" posted. she might not have darkened up yet.

she could have anemia from poor diet, and/or worms..
check also for mites..including Scaley Leg..

describe the droppings..color and consistency..

do you have other chickens?

If you just got her, she could be nervous/distressed/in shock. Moving to a new location is traumatic for birds, and it may take a few days for her to settle down and return to normal. The info that other posters requested would indeed help figure out what is going on.

Thanks for all the help. She still looks about the same. She is a young hen. The woman I brought her from Saturday said she had just started to lay. I have got one egg from her so far. She has been eating and drinking water. Her comb is like a pink color a light pink. If you could give any help if would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom