Pallet Coop Add-on...Almost Done (1-25-09)

That turned out awesome, thanks!

I have pallets in the yard and had heard that people use them for a coop, but was afraid it would look terrible. Yours looks really nice!

Good job!

BTW, out of curiosity, how much did you spend total on this project out of pocket?

Last edited by a moderator:
That turned out pretty darn good. I wouldnt have thought so either. Now I have something to use all of those pallets in the warehouse for. I am impressed.

Do your chickens get too warm in the summer time? I live in GA too and that is what is worrying me. I love the idea of a pallet coop, but worry about the heat. I am having a hard time trying to find a balance between something that lets enough breeze in and strong enough to keep out predators (especially loose neighbors' dogs).

Quote:
I does get pretty warm here, no doubt! Its hard to tell in the pics but the roof pallets allow for a ton of venting. I also plan on cutting pop type doors out of the front doors. This will allow me to open the coop up a lot during the warmer season.

I found some great attic fans at the dump and plan on wiring them in for even better ventilation too.

I will make sure to post all of my finishing touches as they happen...

As far as total expenses...I did splurge a bit on the roofing material. I planned on using recycled tin roofing, but got a wild hair and liked the added light of the translucent tiles. Anyway...I have spent about $100. If I had used the tin roofing...maybe $40 total.

The siding is just the unprimered knotty board siding you can buy from lowes or home depot. I dont think its 3/4 inch...maybe 1/2 inch...As far as what its made of...Its kinda like a pressboard materiel. Hope that helps
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom