Panting duck

Yatzee212

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2021
Hi everyone I have a 5 month old duck and she pants a lot at night it is summer and it’s been hot but I’ll have 3 fans on her and she will still be panting I took her to the vet when she was younger about it and they told me it’s normal and that’s how they sweat, I would take her back by the vet was an asshole and she actually came back terrified and he’s the only vet around is there any advice? I tried to put her in her water but she actually doesn’t like being in water much she’ll go In and have fun but no more than 10 min and that’s every other day that she’ll want to get in do you guys have any advice?

How hot and humid is it there? Is she a large breed? Night or day...hot temperatures are still hot. It's been 90+ degrees and very humid here, even with a 30" industrial fan my ducks pant at night until the temperature drops below 80. On the humid days especially my fan ends up just blowing around hot air until the temperatures drop.

How hot and humid is it there? Is she a large breed? Night or day...hot temperatures are still hot. It's been 90+ degrees and very humid here, even with a 30" industrial fan my ducks pant at night until the temperature drops below 80. On the humid days especially my fan ends up just blowing around hot air until the temperatures drop.
It’s around 80 here I moved her to a cooler location with the fan on as well and she’s better!

Back
Top Bottom