Parakeet Eggs! Here we go again! *UPDATE: Page 3: PICTURE HEAVY!!!!!*

UPDATE: The 2nd egg has pipped and is starting to zip at a surprisingly quick pace! I guess he really wants to get out of there finally.
tongue.png
ya.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
UPDATE: The 2nd egg hatched!!!!
ya.gif
wee.gif
The new baby is pretty small compared to April (which we have decided to name the 1st baby
smile.png
) But they are now snuggled up next to each other under Carla. 4 more eggs to go!
fl.gif
wee.gif

Any name ideas for #2?

Thanks everyone!
smile.png

UPDATE: Apparently there are still only 2 babies; April and the nameless one (we might name it Frank or Charlie...long story lol) and they are both doing good. April, the largest one, has been seen hobbling around a little and growing a few feathers (already)!!!!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif
As for the other eggs, I'm not sure they are any good anymore, which is strange because when I candled, all but 2 or 3 looked fine. Veins and the embryo moving in them were obvious and Carla was and has still been sitting on them up to today. I will be able to candle the eggs this weekend and toss out the 2 obvious bad ones, and I'm planning on finally getting some pictures this weekend, too!
big_smile.png

UPDATE: So the end result is our two baby parakeets, Chester and April!
ya.gif
The rest of the eggs were rotten...Not sure why they never made it because all but 2 were alive and active when I candled. I cracked them all open today and found that all but the 2 bad ones had more than half-way developed chicks in them that never made it.
hu.gif

But as for the two babies that made it, I finally got to see them today!!!!
big_smile.png
ya.gif
They are ADORABLE!!!! (In a cute/ugly way lol
lol.png
) They aren't the cutest things, especially Chester, who is the smallest baby. He is yellow with albino red eyes!
ep.gif
The other one, April, is black/blue/gray/white, just like her feather!
smile.png

Now for the pictures!!!! They've gotten SOO big and are already growing feathers! I think Chester is around 2 weeks old and April is around 3-4 weeks old.
smile.png

Introducing........ April and Chester!!!!!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

14678_dgb.jpg

14678_cvbg.png

14678_fghn.jpg

14678_dgvb.png

14678_tgbfdc.png

14678_qwertyu.jpg

14678_qazwdc.png

Carla, the mother parakeet, feeding April:
14678_erfvb.png

14678_dfgcvb.png

14678_werfvb.png

14678_sfghj.png

14678_rfgbn.png

And then Stormy came to help out! I told you April looks a lot like him!
smile.png

14678_ouyfvbn.png

14678_xfgcvhb.png

14678_tfgvbuhj.png

April!
love.gif

14678_fgbn.jpg

14678_hgnbn.jpg

And Chester!
love.gif

14678_dfgb.jpg

LOL And I got this picture of Chester sitting on top of April!
lau.gif

14678_dfvb.png

I've already noticed the difference between them...Character wise, anyway. April is the trouble maker/escape artist. She loves to crawl around and try to explore everything while I'm holding her. She's very curious and quite the handful!
roll.png
Chester, on the other hand, is much quieter and calmer. He is curious, but not as adventurous and not trying to crawl everywhere no April does.
lol.png
It's so fun to watch them and they love being held!

That's all for now! Carla and Stormy have and are obviously taking wonderful care of their babies.
clap.gif
Carla still tries to sit on them, but they're a bit too big!
lol.png

Can't wait to start training them to talk. I bet they're gonna be very tame and I've read that it's best to teach them how to say words when they're really young.
smile.png

they are very cute and it's great that you are handling them as much as possible to socialize them to people. What fun.

Back
Top Bottom