Parker, CO?

Yes it is, wish I had it.
wink.png

Hi I am in Parker

We have a few chickens and the HOA just told us to get rid of them. We are in the process of forming a petition to get the covenants changed. Does anyone have any experience with this idea?

Debra

Sorry have not been on the site for a while, work has not given me much time to think anymore. Sadly I just got my letter from the HOA here in Parker. Debra, did you have any luck?

We're in Parker.  Stonegate, actually.  Just getting our first two birds despite HOA restrictions.  Hoping for the best.  We're unincorporated Douglas in our little chunk of Stonegate.  Would love to know any ways around HOA BS.  Halp?

ANY updates on how that went?

Chickens are allowed however there is a coop must be 200ft from buildings, it was done that way because no property in the city is that large. I recently saw that disappear from the documents so I am not sure if something was done or not. After that you need to focus on the HOA's themselves. That will be where you find the most resistance. However you should know that Parker classifies domestic non predatory birds as household pets when you start the fight.

Chickens are allowed however there is a coop must be 200ft from buildings, it was done that way because no property in the city is that large. I recently saw that disappear from the documents so I am not sure if something was done or not. After that you need to focus on the HOA's themselves. That will be where you find the most resistance. However you should know that Parker classifies domestic non predatory birds as household pets when you start the fight.

could you tell me where you found the information that parker considers non predatory birds as pets? We've had our 4 gals for 2 years and now the HoA is saying I can't have the..

Back
Top Bottom