Parking the car and getting a bike

Garlic Eater, don't come to Atlanta then. No shoulders, a few disconnected sections of bike lanes that are boobytrapped with hazards, and the drivers here are among the most "interesting" I've seen. Crashing through buildings is routine.

We lived in Germany for years and I rode my bicycle everywhere! But, in Germany it was very common and being on the road gave you the same rules as a car. I never really worried about it. Here, FORGET IT!! The mentality of people driving a car is just too different - they believe cars are the only things that should be on the road. Bike lanes - HAH! We don't even have sidewalks in this county. I so miss not being able to just get on the bike and go.
sad.png
Enjoy your riding for me!

When the kids were younger, we visited Germany. They were so impressed with being able to bike everywhere didn't want to come home.

So what's the best kind of bike to get for a petite woman? I was looking into electric bicycles too...are those legal in California? There are bike lanes everywhere here, but I'm kind of scared of using them.

Back
Top Bottom