Partridge cochin gender?

I think it is still a little early to tell. At that age i swore i had one roo and 3 pullets. A few weeks later it was obvious the one i thought was a roo was a pullet, and the other the all ended up being roosters!
Did your pullet in question share the characteristics of Olivia? Or did the roos act like her?

We took our last cockerel to a general store called Callahan's. The manager assured us that he would go to a home where he would not end up on the dinner table. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

Last edited:
Hopefully
Have you looked into your city laws? Some will allow roosters if your neighbors sign a petition saying their ok with a rooster.
And a 'rooster box' (ventilated box to put a roo in during early hours / the night to prevent crowing. It's a dark dark box making him think he should be asleep, and muffles crowing) will also help to make the neighbors comply
Best of luck!

I took these yesterday. What do you think. Olive turns 5 weeks today. Gracie, the other cochin, has feathered quite a bit.

Well.. I hate to break it to you, but Gracie and Olive are boys, and the EE looks to be a boy to.... /:
Your sure?? Gracie is practically a fluff ball, her comb is in but it's not as developed as Olive's. Harley is feathered well too, her pea comb is coming in. What makes Harley look like a boy? Olive has quieted down but shows dominance to the others.

Could you get a comb shot of Harley?
Cochins get their combs early, the hens don't. Roosters do though. So it's only a matter of time before Graceis comb is all red and developed.
The EEs comb looks pink, but I may be wrong
I'll make sure to get Harley's comb, and Gracie's. But I can spot Olive's easily.

Could you get a comb shot of Harley?
Cochins get their combs early, the hens don't. Roosters do though. So it's only a matter of time before Graceis comb is all red and developed.
The EEs comb looks pink, but I may be wrong
Here you go. Harley is 4 weeks and Gracie is 5 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom