Partridge or golden laced Cochin?

MikeS(erama)

Songster
13 Years
May 8, 2010
Massachussetts
Picked up some chicks today, and with them I got a Cochin. I'm having trouble determining if it's a partridge or a gold laced. I'm leaning more towards partridge, but i'll Probably have to wait until it starts feathering. Just curious what you guys think?
a00d7566.png

I have a brahma I got at tsc that I can't figure out either, and he/she's 4 weeks old now! I am pretty sure it's a silver laced! Yours looks more like the golden laced. I did a lot of image searching when I was trying to figure out mine. I didn't find any pics of chicks that looked like mine, but its wings are coming in white and dark gray, so I'm assuming silver laced.
smile.png
Mine is probably a boy b/c it still has barely any feathers!

Quote:
It would be exceedingly rare for a hatchery to be selling silver laced Brahmas since that is a color that is still very much in the early development stages. Most hatcheries sell buff, light, or dark Brahmas. If your chick's down is very dark, then you probalby have a dark Brahma. If it was yellow to medium gray, then it is probably a light Brahma.

Nope, none of the above. It is a pale gray chipmunk type, like it has the chipmunk colors and stripes, but they're very washed out. It's light gray and tan instead of black and dark brown. I'll have to post pics sometime. It really has me stumped. I just looked up silver laced cochin, and that isn't it either. Its wing feathers are coming in black with white sides and tips, not the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom