Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
Absolutely Beautiful, gotta have some, lol
droolin.gif

I only have one PR, her name is Vera. She is super sweet and friendly.

I wasn't looking or a Partridge Rock..she was offered to me when I bought an EE from some people. I thought she was very pretty. She has turned out to be super sweet and broody =) She was trying to sit on my turkey hens eggs. The turkey lets her nest with her and then steals her eggs. I don't have a mature rooster..so her eggs are not fertile. Getting them away from the turkey has proven to be hazardous to my health. I will probably get a couple more PR hens.

I found a home for this girl. Hopefully we'll see more photos of her on this thread in the future :) I forgot to mention, her name is Maude.

Last edited:
I found out my one Partridge Rock is a rooster. In my zoning we can't keep them. Anyone know of a resource in Washington State other than Craigslist to find a good home for someone who truly wants a Partridge Rock Roo? I live in Edmonds, WA which is in the Western Part of the State. Thank you!

I found out my one Partridge Rock is a rooster. In my zoning we can't keep them. Anyone know of a resource in Washington State other than Craigslist to find a good home for someone who truly wants a Partridge Rock Roo? I live in Edmonds, WA which is in the Western Part of the State. Thank you!

welcome-byc.gif

I offer them to my Local social thread and then Craigslist.

You have a local thread too: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/461/washingtonians

Where did you get your Partridge Rocks?

Please post pictures.
pop.gif

Ron

I got my chicks at the Bothell Feed Store at Thrashers Corner. They are all vaccinated for Mareks. I got a "replacement" Ameraucana chick at Seattle Farm Supply (also vaccinated) as I can't keep the Partridge Rock rooster and we are only allowed 3 hens in Edmonds. I don't have any current pics but can get some when I am home this evening.

Jen

I got my chicks at the Bothell Feed Store at Thrashers Corner. They are all vaccinated for Mareks. I got a "replacement" Ameraucana chick at Seattle Farm Supply (also vaccinated) as I can't keep the Partridge Rock rooster and we are only allowed 3 hens in Edmonds. I don't have any current pics but can get some when I am home this evening.

Jen

welcome-byc.gif

I look forward to your pictures!

I have 2 pullets, one 19 weeks old and one 20 weeks old from McMurray.

Ron

Hello!

I've never shown any chickens before, but I was wondering what you all think of my partridge rock roo (his name is Clove) and whether or not he is show-worthy? I have to get rid of him because he has been fighting with one of my Dom roosters. We raise American Dominiques and Clove is the only non-Dom breed chicken we have. He is also a bit aggressive. I was thinking I could enter him in some shows with the intention of selling? I want him to go to a good home....

Here is a fairly recent pic. Only now after fighting is pretty beat up and lots of dried blood all over his face and comb :(

What a beautiful Roo!

Of course, I'm hoping mine is a pullet.

Any of you good gender-guessers, do you mind taking a peek at my post in the "What Breed or Gender Is This?" forum to help sex my 4-week PR? My husband allowed me three large fowl along with his silkie order, and the Partridge was my favorite pattern, and now my one little Partridge looks supiciously roo-ish.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/687412/help-me-sex-my-4-week-old-partridge-rock
I need experienced Partridge eyes! Until then I'll go back to rereading this thread and being jealous of all your big beautiful pullets.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom