Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
Today's photo shoot! I love this girl so much. She's been dropping feathers like crazy, I can't wait for her first grown up feathers to come in.

Last edited:
Our roo is a partridge rock and he's bossy and not very friendly. If we try to pet him he pecks at us. Does anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:
Our roo is a partridge rock and he's bossy and not very friendly. If we try to pet him he pecks at us. Does anyone else have this issue?
The McMurray PR Cockerels were quite feisty. They did taste good though.

Try not petting him. Treat him like a Rooster and let him know you are the boss.

My Partridge Rock Bantam was one of the best behaved boys I've ever had. I brought him home from fair and put him in with 6 day old chicks hatched by his mate. He hit the floor clucking to them to come and check out the goodies he had found. He was not hatchery stock and amazing to work with and look at, I still miss my sweet Fred.

On that note, does anyone here have bantams?

We're still not definitely sure about Sarah, I am doubting because we thought Butterscotch was thought to be a hen until POOF one day he popped out a comb and crazy tail feathers...LOL

The tail has changed and the comb is much redder than the other (sister) chicken at not 12 weeks

We're still not definitely sure about Sarah, I am doubting because we thought Butterscotch was thought to be a hen until POOF one day he popped out a comb and crazy tail feathers...LOL

The tail has changed and the comb is much redder than the other (sister) chicken at not 12 weeks

Cockerels do not have the partridge pattern on them at 12 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom