Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
K. A thread in the breed/gender section regarding Meathead's gender. Please feel free to play along!.
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6492750#p6492750

Quote:
I would say 99% chance Maxine there. I have two that were McMurray and one is very friendly. But most PR's I've had are a little skittish.

I just got 20 chicks from Sand Hill, hoping they warm up to us a little better. Also trying to spend time with them a couple of times a day.

I will be truely interested to see how the Sand hill develop.

Since the power outage my temps will not set steady anymore. Its driving me crasy. We got by passed by tornadoes in last weeks storms.

It has been awhile since I posted any pictures of my PR's I got from Mt. Healthy. I have lost one,..I believe it was just failure to thrive. The other 27 are all healthy and very happy to get out of their brooder and into the fresh grass and sunshine. They are growing very good and feathering out great. Soon as they get some more size to them, I will let them out to free range with all my other chickens.

CyberCat,..I hope you got your temp. problems under control. I had the same problem last week,..we had some storms and our power went out overnight,..which I didn't know because I was sleeping,...the temps in my bator dropped and I could never get it to regulate after that. I had 20 eggs in and only 8 hatched,...and one of them died.
sad.png

Here are my babies!

10488_pr1.jpg

10488_pr.jpg

Okay,..so I have nothing to do today but post pictures,..lol. These two gals here are my 3 year old PR's from MM hatchery. They are all I have left of a flock of fifteen,...which like a dumby, I sold off because I wanted more variety in colors,...duhhhh
he.gif
Learned lesson, color doesn't make a good chicken,.
big_smile.png
(These two pictures arent great),.. and they are very friendly by the way,...and the first picture is of my brood hen,..she has raised quite a few chicks for me,..and we call her "Ms. Broody"or "Ms. Pissy" whichever mood she is in that day. The other one "Henry"(short for Henrietta) isn't much of anything but a bum,..she don't lay at all anymore,..and she is super fat,..but again friendly. She has been known to take baths in my bathtub! She is in retirement to hear tell in the chicken yard,..
gig.gif

10488_of50590331.jpg

This is Ms. Broody/Pissy,...she looks a little pissy here.
wink.png

10488_henry.jpg

This is "Henry",..she looks to be vacationing under the holly bush.

I love love love Partridge Rock roosters. They look like a "true rooster" to me. If you think about all the paintings and such that have a rooster on them... you always see a heavy red and black rooster with a green tail... Looks a lot like a Partridge Rock to me!

hey, i'm curious is this a PR? the down is a little darker than it should be but the new feathers coming in look similar to the pics i've seen on this thread. i got her at agway a two weeks ago from the BR and BSL bin. obviously she is neither of those. sorry for bad pic quality...
52086_dscn5974.jpg

52086_dscn5973.jpg

52086_dscn5971.jpg

tinychicky,...no I don't think that is a PR,...colors are close, but the legs have that nice yellow, green, willow color. I would say an Easter Egger,...What kind of comb does she have?? PR's only have a straight comb. And,.... yes it could be a beardless EE,...I have one I bought at TSC. She is very pretty!

Back
Top Bottom