Partridge Silkie hen x Rosecomb Roo= ???? What is your weirdest cross?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EggSpudition, Jun 9, 2010.

1. EggSpudition

EggSpudition Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2010
    Boise
    My Coop
    My Partridge Silkie (wilhelmina) has begun laying regularly- that I expected-- what I didn't expect is that our rosecomb rooster Ferdinand would be the eggy-daddy.

I have been collecting her eggs and softly lamenting the fact that the eggs I checked from her a week ago were unfertilized.[​IMG] She is such sweet and adorably fluffly butt.[​IMG] But the idea that our roo would actually well-- pull it off so to speak was silly I thought.[​IMG] He is half her size-- maybe if that..

So imagine my surprise today when I cracked into her eggs to make a spinach [​IMG] omlet and saw that each and every one had a bullseye bright as day. The egg practically screamed "IM FERTILE" [​IMG] the minute I looked at it.

So now- hypothetically I wonder what it would look like and even more wondered about all the crazy crosses out there. I'd love to see everyone crazy cross breeds.

Here is a pic of my Winnie and Ferdinand.

[​IMG]

and Ferdinand

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    He's got some fat earlobes! I say do it do it do it!

3. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Mom, black rosecomb:

[​IMG]

Dad, lavender silkie:

[​IMG]

Babies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. EggSpudition

EggSpudition Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2010
    Boise
    My Coop
    Ooh I love it. [​IMG]. I love your babies! Do I spy a lavender cross chick?

5. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Yes, all the offspring were black and carried the lavender gene. [​IMG]

6. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    I don't have a picture right now, but Mom is EE and Dad is a Gold Silkie. Poor baby has feathers of an EE, with long green legs that have large tuffs of feathers sticking out of them. She has a few feathers that stick up from the top of her head. She also has the extra toe. She is only about 12 weeks old now, I'm anxious to see what she looks like when she is grown.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by