Partridge Silkie X Blue Silkie CROSS ?

ChickenLeg

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 15, 2012
I have a bunch of splash and blue silkies.

Want to get a nice partridge male and cross over blue hens.

Should I just keep saving the best blue female offspring that look like they carry the Pg gene, and cross back over dad to try and get 2 copies in the offspring?

Then I'd have a partridge and blue partridge line started. Im in no rush so I can keep back crossing for generations. Just making sure this cross will work alright. I know to cross silver duckwing with black to improve type, didnt know if partridge worked about the same way crossed to black.

Easier to spot as chicks, I think. They will have that pattern of back stripes only be blue. Here looking for a picture of one, since I think I have one, wondering what it will look like grown-up, so did a search and found this thread... Guess I'll try google..

Easier to spot as chicks, I think. They will have that pattern of back stripes only be blue. Here looking for a picture of one, since I think I have one, wondering what it will look like grown-up, so did a search and found this thread... Guess I'll try google..
Pg has no effect on chick down, they look like normal eb chicks.

New to all this. I have two eggs in incubator now. Very excited!! I’ll post results when they hatch. Is this pullet a partridge and is the rooster a standard blue? Does she look to have pg gene? His head is dark as well... The genetics thing is quite complex but according to the research I’ve done it is close to impossible to get another partridge offspring but I can get blues or blacks, then I can take a blue hen and get a splash from mating her back to father. Just having fun with family, not worried about showing...

Attachments

• E0A418FC-2C92-4BCB-85F5-140BC73600FA.png
    E0A418FC-2C92-4BCB-85F5-140BC73600FA.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 95

Back
Top Bottom