Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pennie1, Jun 19, 2011.

1. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:weve got 10 to 15 dogs at out keenle at time and also feed 1\\2 raw 1\\2 kibble so chickens on the menue

Oops!! You may want to change to beef!! LOL LOL LOL [​IMG]

all these extra males got go some where

2. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:Oops!! You may want to change to beef!! LOL LOL LOL [​IMG]

usualy not silkies but some projects

3. pennie1

pennie1 Redneck Silkie

Aug 17, 2009
    Hiles
    Quote:Oops!! You may want to change to beef!! LOL LOL LOL [​IMG]

You have a point there. I have been lucky enough to sell off almost all of my extra males. I figure some of these guys may still be put in the breeding program yet... They are all looking pretty nice.

4. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

YEAH all these extra males!!! [​IMG] If anyone is in need of some silkie cockrels I just posted a few including a Partridge cockrel.

[​IMG]

5. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:all these extra males got go some where

You have a point there. I have been lucky enough to sell off almost all of my extra males. I figure some of these guys may still be put in the breeding program yet... They are all looking pretty nice.

i dont like sell culls that way some dosent say o i bought these from chickendales and there something i bought as hatching eggs that didnt turn out

6. pennie1

pennie1 Redneck Silkie

Aug 17, 2009
    Hiles
    Well, gee, that's the exact opposite of what someone is trying to say of me. They are saying that I am SHOWING their $5 culls. They are telling everyone that I bought up all of their culls to raise and show and are now showing them and selling them for these sky high prices and saying that I bred them...
    Granted, I did buy quite a few of her $5 culls - so see how they would grow out since she doesn't raise partridge and I bought a bunch of off color ones to play with in a project. I am going to be up front and honest, all of the $5 birds were sold off to the Amish. None of them grew out to anything and I don't have the space for special projects.

7. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Just wanted to let everyone know everyone arrived safely with the move!!! Everything that could go wrong with moving, did and it took twice as long but I think I prepared enough as a just in case which I am glad I did!!! But they are running around happy in their new home and adjusting. I now have the job of converting the barn but all are doing good, thank goodness!

8. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Quote:Glad you and the little 1s had a very safe trip. [​IMG]

9. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:May you and all your critters be blessed in that new home! [​IMG]

10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:What is a cull to one person has something special to another--kind of like the junk/treasures found at garage sales. It really should not be an issue if some of the culls had proven to be cinderellas and you were showing them. Saying you bred them? yes, but not for showing them. It goes back to the [​IMG] of using other breeders names--are you being complimentary to them or taking credit for something you didn't earn? [​IMG]

I will happily say I bought what was someone's $10 cull grey cockerel and have a lot of absolutely gorgeous grey babies this year. And I am showing him at the State Fair as I wanted to enter a display. A few years ago I picked up a silkie cross cull from a friend and now have real mahogany in my flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by