Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pennie1, Jun 19, 2011.

  1. Floridachicken1958

    Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

    Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Quote:You should post pictures whenever you get the time ! Glad you and all the birds arrived safely!

    Thanks everyone! I will try to get some pics as soon as I find the charger for my camera! ;-) LOL But I think I brought the rain with me to Georgia! It has been raining ever since we got here!

    cnmfarm.....very pretty!!! Both are gorgeous!

    I got a friend in south GA & she said it's been raining cats & dogs.Glad you made it home safe
     
  2. Beth G.

    Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

    I'm thimking all that rain is moving out soon and up north here to CT [​IMG] Glad for you, bummed for me. All it feels like this year is rain rain and more rain then rain again!!! lol did that make sense??? [​IMG]
    Quote:Thanks everyone! I will try to get some pics as soon as I find the charger for my camera! ;-) LOL But I think I brought the rain with me to Georgia! It has been raining ever since we got here!

    cnmfarm.....very pretty!!! Both are gorgeous!

    I got a friend in south GA & she said it's been raining cats & dogs.Glad you made it home safe
     
  3. peepblessed

    peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

    Quote:I have some blue partridge chicks. I hope they turn out as lovely as these. [​IMG]
     
  4. Bat Cave Silkies

    Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

    1,330
    10
    151
    Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Just my opinion on showing~~~
    I show, but I'm not competitive....it's nice to win, but it's just not that important to me. I'm truly a hermit, and going to shows is about the only interaction I get with other breeders.

    When I sell someone a SQ silkie, I strongly encourage them to go ahead and show it---especially if it's Partridge. Partridge always has been, and always will be my FAVORITE variety. My goal is to expose other breeders, and the general public to Partridge silkies. You'd be surprised at the number of silkie breeders that have never seen a live one---because few people show them. So---the more Partridges in the show, the better....whether it's a bird I've just sold someone, or the offspring of birds I've sold them, I don't care---I just want the Partridges out there!
     
  5. Debbienmousey

    Debbienmousey Chillin' With My Peeps

    Quote:You should post pictures whenever you get the time ! Glad you and all the birds arrived safely!

    Thanks everyone! I will try to get some pics as soon as I find the charger for my camera! ;-) LOL But I think I brought the rain with me to Georgia! It has been raining ever since we got here!

    cnmfarm.....very pretty!!! Both are gorgeous!

    Glad you made it safely. And about the rain, yeah, when I checked my Silkies yesterday morning they were soaked! Silly things didn't stay in their coop until the rain stopped [​IMG] But on the flip side my squash and pumpkins are growing like crazy now [​IMG].
     
  6. Brody's Broodello

    Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

    1,627
    48
    184
    Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Quote:Agree with you it's nice to see a partridge get some of the prize. Have been lucky to have 2 go RB & BB in the last 2 years.
    This girl took BB the other week at Lucasville. I think she has a bright future in the show ring!

    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
     
  7. SilkieTime

    SilkieTime Chillin' With My Peeps

    Mar 29, 2009
    Joelton Tn.
    Holy Cow! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
     
  8. Sonoran Silkies

    Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

    20,149
    306
    411
    Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:I agree that I would not want to show a bird I got from someone against them, although I was once chastised by that person for not doing so--wanted to see how the bird he had kept fared against the bird he'd sold.

    And I would not show a bird I had just received, but if I have had it for awhile, yes, I will.

    If I purchase a bird from someone, I personally have no problem showing it at this stage of my life right now. I initially had to start somewhere, so showing stock bought from another breeder was what I had to do if I wanted the show experience. If I won with that breeder's bird, I'd give compliments to them for breeding that specific bird. I've even purchased an ad in the Poultry Press to say thanks to the breeder in particular.

    The breeder also congratulated me as well and was happy for me because she was proud that I had taken time to raise the stock from two days old to maturity. It's also a great accomplishment to keep the birds in condition for showing as well. Alrighty, I'm finished with my opinion [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  9. Sonoran Silkies

    Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

    20,149
    306
    411
    Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Beth G. :

    I've bought SQ silkies from some very good breeders and if I sell them I tell people their bloodlines so they know where their stock came from. I've shown birds against the breeders and never once had them complain. I think once you buy that bird and its yours why would you not show it if it turns out to be a wonderful bird? Also, I show birds not to win but, to get feedback from judges and ask their opinions on a breeding match to improve. Hey, I have nothing to hide [​IMG] I even posted several silkies and I know who the pappa is and who the mamma is. When I know this I post so the possible buyer can see where they came from. This way if that have that stock already maybe they like the bird but, don't buy it due to possible inbreeding. I don't know I think sometimes ppl can be soooo political in hobbies that are supposed to be fun [​IMG] (ps not directing this at any of you all on here. Just speaking my mind)
    Quote:I agree that I would not want to show a bird I got from someone against them, although I was once chastised by that person for not doing so--wanted to see how the bird he had kept fared against the bird he'd sold.

    And I would not show a bird I had just received, but if I have had it for awhile, yes, I will.

    [​IMG] Great philosophy!
     
  10. pennie1

    pennie1 Redneck Silkie

    937
    10
    141
    Aug 17, 2009
    Hiles
    Quote:
    [​IMG] Great philosophy!

    I have always loved you Beth!!!
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by