Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pennie1, Jun 19, 2011.

1. pennie1

pennie1 Redneck Silkie

Aug 17, 2009
    Hiles
  2. pennie1

pennie1 Redneck Silkie

Aug 17, 2009
    Hiles
    Quote:
    You should post pictures whenever you get the time ! Glad you and all the birds arrived safely!

Very, very happy that you arrived safely... And pictures are a must!!!!! Rain or shine!!!!

3. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Love ya too Pennie [​IMG]
    Quote:[​IMG] Great philosophy!

I have always loved you Beth!!!

4. Beth G.

Thank Sororan Silkies [​IMG].
    Quote:
    [​IMG] Great philosophy!

5. Beth G.

6. mshuey1

mshuey1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    San Antonio
    Beth G. :

I've bought SQ silkies from some very good breeders and if I sell them I tell people their bloodlines so they know where their stock came from. I've shown birds against the breeders and never once had them complain. I think once you buy that bird and its yours why would you not show it if it turns out to be a wonderful bird? Also, I show birds not to win but, to get feedback from judges and ask their opinions on a breeding match to improve. Hey, I have nothing to hide [​IMG] I even posted several silkies and I know who the pappa is and who the mamma is. When I know this I post so the possible buyer can see where they came from. This way if that have that stock already maybe they like the bird but, don't buy it due to possible inbreeding. I don't know I think sometimes ppl can be soooo political in hobbies that are supposed to be fun [​IMG] (ps not directing this at any of you all on here. Just speaking my mind)
    Quote:I agree that I would not want to show a bird I got from someone against them, although I was once chastised by that person for not doing so--wanted to see how the bird he had kept fared against the bird he'd sold.

And I would not show a bird I had just received, but if I have had it for awhile, yes, I will.

I like that, great info and helpful for me.

7. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
  9. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't understand?

Sonoran, you don't understand peepblessed?

[​IMG] let me translate

[​IMG] - "OMG" [​IMG] *passes out* why? Cause that silkie girl is Drop Dead Gorgeous [​IMG]

lol I fully understand the in-awe of great birds, I have just finally come to aquire some drool worthy cuties myself. and I still drool over most silkie pics [​IMG]

10. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't understand?

I'm overwhelmed with her awesomeness! LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by