Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Can somebody please explain "partridge" to me? Is it a pattern, or a color combination? What would be considered a good quality partridge color vs a poor quality? Are there disqualifying colors? My little guy had down that looked like he might be red/gold/brown, but now I think I'm seeing bluish undertones and possible barring? Is that right? Does anybody have a picture of an adult example of this type of coloring? Initially, Partridge was my least favorite color of Silkie, but now I may be changing my mind. Here's my week-old partridge silky named "P-Dawg":

Last edited:
Ahh, okay! Thank you for explaining it to me! They're still incredibly cute.. I'm just a little sad that the "breeder" lied to me to get me to buy another one ):
I still love them both! Frizzle or not they're sweet chicks!
actually the frizzle gene is partially dominant (you breed a frizzle with a smooth feathered chicken or a silkie feathered chicken 50% of those babies will be frizzled and 50% will be smooth feathered)

This little baby is so sweet. Can't believe it came from a black and paint breeding though. I have more eggs in the bator from the same pairing, we'll see if it repeats. Black sizzle hen, paint silkie roo.

Those look like partridge to me. If the mom is E/eb (basically a Blue carrying partridge) and the dad is a recessive white, you COULD get partridges from the two. And I believe the frizzle/sizzle gene is recessive, so you'd need both mom and dad to carry it to display on the chicks. Although, someone else may know more than me on that one...

Back
Top Bottom