Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

I'd been running all over this site without my little head trying to get answers because figuring out their coloring is killing me!
lau.gif

So the silkie thread said that they might be partridges and here I am! What do you guys think?

The first two pictures are of Alaska.

These two are of Aspen.

Here they are together.

The local breeder had a few hens in her pens but said she most likely believes this was the mom:

This was their papa, definitely.

What do you think they are? Are they light partridges (White-partridge? Is that a thing?)
Also, their feathers aren't straight, they're curly.. can they be sizzles?!
ep.gif
idunno.gif

So when I got this little one, "it"appeared to be a blue silkie. But then these auburn highlights popped up. I'm new to the chicken world.This particular color makes it partridge?Is there any way to tell gender? This little one is named Poodle. Is Poodle bearded or non-bearded?

I'd been running all over this site without my little head trying to get answers because figuring out their coloring is killing me!
lau.gif

So the silkie thread said that they might be partridges and here I am! What do you guys think?

The first two pictures are of Alaska.

These two are of Aspen.

Here they are together.

The local breeder had a few hens in her pens but said she most likely believes this was the mom:

This was their papa, definitely.

What do you think they are? Are they light partridges (White-partridge? Is that a thing?)
Also, their feathers aren't straight, they're curly.. can they be sizzles?!
ep.gif
idunno.gif

Those look like partridge to me. If the mom is E/eb (basically a Blue carrying partridge) and the dad is a recessive white, you COULD get partridges from the two. And I believe the frizzle/sizzle gene is recessive, so you'd need both mom and dad to carry it to display on the chicks. Although, someone else may know more than me on that one...

Those look like partridge to me. If the mom is E/eb (basically a Blue carrying partridge) and the dad is a recessive white, you COULD get partridges from the two. And I believe the frizzle/sizzle gene is recessive, so you'd need both mom and dad to carry it to display on the chicks. Although, someone else may know more than me on that one..
Ahh, okay! Thank you for explaining it to me! They're still incredibly cute.. I'm just a little sad that the "breeder" lied to me to get me to buy another one ):
I still love them both! Frizzle or not they're sweet chicks!

Back
Top Bottom