NinjaGamer2022

Songster
Apr 30, 2022
Yesterday while at TSC I saw container patio trees for sale in the varieties of olive, citrus, and kumquat. The label said that you could bring them in during the winter due to their very small size ~6 ft - 10ft. Has anyone had success with patio trees? Thank you.

I saw those too. I also live in Ohio. Many years ago I had a potted lime “tree” and it lived well, tried to produce some limes. But I never put it outside.

Yes, putting them in pots that stay in a sunny, cool but not freezing cold room in the winter but outdoors in hot summer can work. If you have indoor space, try it out.

@Sueby and @Wee Farmer Sarah live in the NE /east coast and do this with a couple of trees.

I saw those too. I also live in Ohio. Many years ago I had a potted lime “tree” and it lived well, tried to produce some limes. But I never put it outside.

Yes, putting them in pots that stay in a sunny, cool but not freezing cold room in the winter but outdoors in hot summer can work. If you have indoor space, try it out.

@Sueby and @Wee Farmer Sarah live in the NE /east coast and do this with a couple of trees.
Did it ever produce fruit? I am greatly considering doing this in the hopefully near future.
Thank you for your response.

Did it ever produce fruit? I am greatly considering doing this in the hopefully near future.
Thank you for your response.
I think it did produce fruit! It’s been several years since I had it, but that’s my recollection. But I recall only 1x, and the fruit were small.

I had lemon, lime, grapefruit & fig. All go outside during the summer & in in the winter. The fig produces beautifully but the others never did before I gave them away. My back is too bad to haul trees around these days. I know Sarah gets fruit on her lemon tree.

I had lemon, lime, grapefruit & fig. All go outside during the summer & in in the winter. The fig produces beautifully but the others never did before I gave them away. My back is too bad to haul trees around these days. I know Sarah gets fruit on her lemon tree.
Thank you for this info! Do you know about how long it took your fig tree to produce fruit? I never thought about a container fig tree, I think I will try that one as well. Thx,

Back
Top Bottom