PAY IT FORWARD, a feel good thread

We have been donating our extra veggies from the garden to our local food pantry. I plant a 30 foot solid wall of pole beans every year and we have had as much as we need for a couple of weeks now. So from here on out they go where ever they are needed.

That is awesome! Today I am cleaning out my closets getting ready for winter........UGH!

To pay it forward, I am donating unneeded, unwanted clothes to Goodwill or Salvation Army.

Driving down the street one day I seen somebody growing tomato plants on the edge of the road. A sign said to pick your own, and there were plastic bags hanging nearby. It's very heartwarming to see such generosity.

I do my best to go out of my way to help people everyday. Even something as simple as a smile or a helping hand can make a big difference in somebody's life.

Great idea for a thread.

I am a firm believer of what goes around comes around. I have been the recipient of so many small kindnesses by strangers that I rarely miss the opportunity to "make someone's day". It could be a compliment to a stranger or helping pay for gas or buying a meal for a homeless person. People hold doors open for me all the time and I never fail to thank them. If everyone could be kind and respectful, we would not have much of the rudeness people encounter every day.

It's a shame that many of the common courtesies that I was raised with no longer exist. Yesterday in a fast food restaurant (yes I ate there) I held the door for a young girl - she thanked me and entered. On the way out she stopped at my table and thanked me again quite effusively for holding the door for her. It's how I was raised. Hold the door for others, help a lady with her coat, pull the chair out for 'your lady', smile and say hello to others - what happened to all of that?
Ma used to tell us, "There are so few gentlemen left because there are so few ladies left."

The extended family that lives down the road from us buys some of our extra eggs. Usually their 2nd grade grandson comes to pick them up and give me the money for them. He's a quiet, shy kid and one day he very politely asked me if I had a chicken feather he could have. So for a while now, I've been giving him a feather when he comes to get eggs. Yesterday when he walked to our house for eggs I surprised him with an old wooden cigar box I'd cleaned up to keep his feather collection in and inside the box were 3 beautiful tail feathers. You would have thought I'd given the boy a million bucks.

It made me feel like a million bucks seeing the look on his face. I'm smiling now just remembering how surprised and happy he was.

Kids and old people can really touch your heart.

The extended family that lives down the road from us buys some of our extra eggs. Usually their 2nd grade grandson comes to pick them up and give me the money for them. He's a quiet, shy kid and one day he very politely asked me if I had a chicken feather he could have. So for a while now, I've been giving him a feather when he comes to get eggs. Yesterday when he walked to our house for eggs I surprised him with an old wooden cigar box I'd cleaned up to keep his feather collection in and inside the box were 3 beautiful tail feathers. You would have thought I'd given the boy a million bucks.

It made me feel like a million bucks seeing the look on his face. I'm smiling now just remembering how surprised and happy he was.

Kids and old people can really touch your heart.

:love

I'm somebody who was raised by her grandma and taught manners. I married someone who still opens my doors and does random acts of kindness with me. Our kids are 6 and 4 and already holding doors open for people. One shopping trip my son held the door open and I witnessed the most touching thing. He waited until a slow moving moving woman made it safely through the door and she said "thank you so much" with tears in her eyes. I'm not sure why we think the little things we do don't matter.

Back
Top Bottom