PAY IT FORWARD, a feel good thread

Mutt Farm

Songster
Jul 2, 2015
Inland Empire Southern California
Howdy! This thread is about sharing, lending a hand. Feeling good about helping a neighbor, someone in need, doing good deeds. Ideas to help a community, innovative programs or just giving some eggs to someone that's struggling. A thread to reaffirm that folks are kind and to share the joy of giving.

It's a shame that many of the common courtesies that I was raised with no longer exist. Yesterday in a fast food restaurant (yes I ate there) I held the door for a young girl - she thanked me and entered. On the way out she stopped at my table and thanked me again quite effusively for holding the door for her. It's how I was raised. Hold the door for others, help a lady with her coat, pull the chair out for 'your lady', smile and say hello to others - what happened to all of that?

It's a shame that many of the common courtesies that I was raised with no longer exist. Yesterday in a fast food restaurant (yes I ate there) I held the door for a young girl - she thanked me and entered. On the way out she stopped at my table and thanked me again quite effusively for holding the door for her. It's how I was raised. Hold the door for others, help a lady with her coat, pull the chair out for 'your lady', smile and say hello to others - what happened to all of that?
I think it still happens, but not often enough. Just look at how tickled she was to encounter a gentleman.

I live in a rural part of NJ. After every snowstorm ends, my 'across the road' neighbor shows up and plows my driveway - won't even stop for a cup of coffee. He does this for most of the neighbors. He has done this for the past 30 + years.

I can't even list how many folks helped us out while I was sick
bow.gif

The other day Honey came home upset. A co-worker's wife had had a medically complicated miscarriage. I've never met these folks but my heart just went out to them. Stayed up to put together a lasagna for Honey to take to work the next day for them. He was so incredibly grateful, and it was really no difficulty for me. I just need to be more aware of what's going on with folks around us and pick up on opportunities like that more often.

sourland...I love it when men hold doors for me, etc. I always be sure to say "Thank you, sir". some of the older gents aren't in very good physical shape, but they'll by golly hold that door for you.

I can't even list how many folks helped us out while I was sick
bow.gif

The other day Honey came home upset. A co-worker's wife had had a medically complicated miscarriage. I've never met these folks but my heart just went out to them. Stayed up to put together a lasagna for Honey to take to work the next day for them. He was so incredibly grateful, and it was really no difficulty for me. I just need to be more aware of what's going on with folks around us and pick up on opportunities like that more often.

sourland...I love it when men hold doors for me, etc. I always be sure to say "Thank you, sir". some of the older gents aren't in very good physical shape, but they'll by golly hold that door for you.
How sweet of you. Gosh...that would just taste so good and warm if you were feeling bad. That has to make you feel so good. If we all do a little something. It's so contagious.

I donate our eggs to a church food pantry. Such a great feeling of pride when I cook ours knowing that so many other families are enjoying our girls eggs.

Funny to find this thread, because I was reading a newspaper article of ways to "pay it forward" this morning. People have decided to pay it forward for their birthdays. It's really cool all the random acts of kindness people can do that really make a difference in people's lives.

A few weeks ago I went thru McDonald's drive thru and I used a gift card and it still had $6 something on it after I paid. I asked the cashier to use the card and apply it to the people behind me until it runs out. It wasn't a big deal for me & I wasn't looking for a thank you. Just something nice I can do for someone else.

I donate our eggs to a church food pantry. Such a great feeling of pride when I cook ours knowing that so many other families are enjoying our girls eggs.

Funny to find this thread, because I was reading a newspaper article of ways to "pay it forward" this morning. People have decided to pay it forward for their birthdays. It's really cool all the random acts of kindness people can do that really make a difference in people's lives.

A few weeks ago I went thru McDonald's drive thru and I used a gift card and it still had $6 something on it after I paid. I asked the cashier to use the card and apply it to the people behind me until it runs out. It wasn't a big deal for me & I wasn't looking for a thank you. Just something nice I can do for someone else.
Bless you. Some families just can't afford eggs that are so healthy and full of protein. The children get cheap cereal. The folks behind you at the drive thru remembered kindness. Bless you!

Back
Top Bottom