Pea comb development on EE

Dsotto

Chirping
May 4, 2020
Hi there, I read that three pea comb is cockeral on EEs but I also read that pullets develop three peas as well. What age do they develop three peas? My chicks are 5 weeks Wednesday and have the three peas developing. If pullets, is that normal stage for development of them? Pale yellow and no redness (except one but it has been dealing with flushing )
Thanks!

A pea comb does not mean cockerel in EEs. You see, EEs are mixed breed chickens mixed to produce either green, blue, pink, or brown eggs. Like any mixed breed, there are many different combs they can have so I say it again, a pea comb does not mean cockerel.

A pea comb does not mean cockerel in EEs. You see, EEs are mixed breed chickens mixed to produce either green, blue, pink, or brown eggs. Like any mixed breed, there are many different combs they can have so I say it again, a pea comb does not mean cockerel.
Thank you. Many posts on "what gender is this" sometimes say, "oh, three peas, it's a cockeral. Pullet has single"

It is my understating that by definition a proper pea comb is 3 ridges of small rounded serrations. The number is not gender specific, I think people get confused because hens combs are smaller than a cock comb so it may only appear to not have 3 ridges.

Back
Top Bottom