Peach Silver Pied Peacock

deerman

Rest in Peace 1949-2012
11 Years
Aug 24, 2008
Southern Ohio
Now i have made a big mistake , only someone new to peafowl should make.

Keep in mind other than feeding and worming my birds, i have not spend much time with them this year.......

ok here my mistake my white peacock that i was thinking was split peach, knew he could be a white(peach)...well great news ,i caught him today to check him out...was thinking he was getting dirt on his white feathers....NO HE IS A PEACH SILVER PIED PEACOCK GETTING HIS FULL COLOR .

Bet they are very few 3 year old peach silver pieds out there......Will take some pics tomorrow. his crest is even peach.

Now so i don't look PLUMB DUMB...peach fade out during the summer....so his colors are just now growing back in.

A Great thing ..a guy was here and got 4 of my birds.....all at their winter home, this peacock is here at my home.....the guy was going to buy him for a white....but got my bs piede white eye ,and splading split charcoals.

Sad thing i sold all my peach except him. even all my peach silver pied hens
hit.gif

I had been working on getting peach in silver pied.........i even sold the peach chicks that i had hatch out 2010 , one was a male peach silver pied.

This guy makes me want to keep breeding them.......now . but down to 11 birds ......really sold the male peach silver pied 2010 chick ,because didn't think i would be here to see his colors with full train.

I am sorry about that Deerman. That is too bad that you noticed what he was now and not sooner. So are you going to keep him? I don't think you are dumb even the smartest people make mistakes.
wink.png

How awesome is that? If you kick up certain micronutrients you can increase the pigment of birds dramatically. Of course the plumage will need to grow in with the bird on supplements through cellular regeneration. When the diet is supplemented bare facial skin intensifies as well. Both blue and yellow skin are turned up a few notches. There's this product on the market called Omega Red - its for people. Just dissolve the pill- one every week in some canned fruit salad or canned corn-. Also, eliminating soy from the diet will enable a whole suit of genes to turn on that are hormonally triggered. Soy phytoestrogen tends to keep certain hormones turned off or way down as they mimic these hormones themselves. The bird's body is tricked into thinking it doesn't need to produce the hormones themselves. They get out of kilter just enough to mute pigment. White Emerald peafowl fed on special supplements - especially those that hatched from an egg yolk produced by a female that had been supplemented for months before actual laying will exhibit iridescence. It's a structural issue generally absent in white feathers of most birds because the plumes' microfibres abrade rapidly - as if they've been filed with a fingernail buffer. The elements abrade white plumage more rapidly than normally pigmented plumage.Micro fibres grow from the cellular wall and stay strong and supple, glossy and even iridescent when the birds are supplemented on specific nutrients. Those nutrients are packed in krill oil and a single Omega Red gel cap holds enough micronutrients for one whole week of supplementation.

Last edited:
Yeah could you swap out the hens you have already sold for some other hens you still have? I think if someone sold me a peahen and then they found out they needed her for working on a rare variety I would definitely give her back.

I do still have two black shoulder silver pied hens, they are blue. but if thats all i have in the spring......all his daughters will be peach silver pied or white(peach) all his sons will be split peach.

Back
Top Bottom