Peaches is sick....

fishnet1971

'Birds Momma
13 Years
May 25, 2010
'Bird 'n the Fluffy Butts coop in Ohio
hit.gif
hit.gif
a lot of you remember the photo of Peaches, my 'busty' white Cochin back in April that has us all on awwwww alret? she is vvvvverrrry sick and I am so bummed. I am really scared to death that she may not recover all in one piece. here is a link to what's up with her.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=560681

my poor girl. day two on medication. Vet said Coccidios plus a ton more parasites, tape worm, etc. I had her vaccinated for Coccidiosis from Meyers when i bought her. Shouldnt that have prevented her from getting it???

58585_chicks_051.jpg

58585_newchicks62011_281.jpg

58585_new_peeps_109.jpg

hugs.gif
I hope Peaches get better soon. She is such a pretty girl.

There is no way you could have prevented her from getting cocci, it is always in the soil. The parasites may have weakened her enough to be susceptible to it though. All you can do is watch for signs of parasites in the future and worm regularly to stop this from happening again. Taking her to the vet for a diagnosis may end up saving your whole flock.

Oh I hope Peaches starts feeling better! i know you must be sick with worry, and I'm sorry that both of you are going through this. Praying for a quick recovery, many hugs to you and Peaches.

Denise

Back
Top Bottom