Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Garden Peas, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Garden Peas

Garden Peas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2014

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland

3. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014
    Well, I went to the photo contest page and there are about 4 gazillion totally adorable baby chick pics... People have put serious effort into this! Aside from the outtake photos (above), I just have this one that I had put on "Show off your peas" as an Easter greeting -- these are the only ones with decent lighting....

[​IMG]

@casportpony , @new 2 pfowl , which ones do you like best? I can only submit two.

I also noticed that @Birdrain92 and @Shay1Bear already submitted very cute peachick photos -- I think Birdrain should look at the one he took of the peahen and babies perched together in the barn and see whether the quality/resolution would stand up to enlargement? It's composed well enough to sell commercially. (There you go, Birdrain, another way to make money with your birds!)

The contest rules say the photos can be taken during the past year -- I bet we have other peapeople with cute photos from last summer...
    @zazouse always has totally incredible photos... I would surely love to see what she would enter for a baby peachick picture[​IMG]

4. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    Makara, Wellington, NZ
    Oh my, you were right about the cute baby pictures on the contest thread - Yikes [​IMG]!

I really like this one, it shows extreme peababy cuteness and has a flair of spontaneity! [​IMG] "There he goes!"

And, by the way, you are so right about @zazouse 's peababy pix. Some of my all time favorite peababy pictures are those ones she took of the peababies sleeping standing up, with their heads drooped - do you remember those? - omg so cute.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  5. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014
    @Birdrain92 posted these in the contest.

Quote:
    I think people would buy these, especially the second one... it has that barnyard home decor feeling. A cute frame around it, and it would sell [​IMG]

6. barkerg

barkerg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2015
    Salado, Texas
    100% agree. Nice cameramanship? If its a word?

Gerald Barker

7. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014
    Woke up to find new chicks #7-9 bowling with egg #10 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Egg #10 is pipped and the chicks would like #10 to get with the program [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Egg #10 is from the not-so-little anymore SP hen -- the first of hers that's developed. I am looking for a good outcome from #10, it's just a bit slower to make it out. It's doin' okay in there so far. Gave them a nice washcloth for their feet -- they are still working on getting feet untangled, but I've checked with stretching, no curled toes. Feet are just big, new, confusing things [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014
    Egg #10 is ON IT!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Egg #10 is definitely eager to join the party [​IMG]

9. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014
    Yaay! Chick #10 did the big breakout! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    congrats! how's #5 doing?

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by