peacock as a indoor pet

Oh my god!, but that are not shiny objects. If I will have them, They will be in my view all the time or in her place. When they grow, in my eye and never let him alone without supervising the small things in the floor.
I never thought it could happen that. Sorry about your peacock...
Thanks for that!
Wasn't my peacock when he died, it was one that I sold. Some of the items were probably shiny, like the 22 shell casings, but I'm guessing the digestives juices made them change color.

-Kathy

Regarding greens, they are different to raise. Peafowl and any bird can eat things very quickly right in front of your eyes. Be very careful and watchful.

Yesterday when I was having dinner, i was eating chiken with my family and Florentino (my baby roo), he was very crazy. I taked a piece of meet and he jumped to my arms and stole my food. All the family laughed!
It´s so hard to have an eye over your birds, but thats our obligation.
Thanks

I didn't know that one bird have been bred with humans can have this behavior, have dependece. Now if i'll have only one bird, it have dependence to me, but if I have more than one No. It's that?(I don't said that i'm going to have one or more than one in this reply, I suppose only)
Yes, it's that.

And bear in mind, more than 1 pea raised indoors at a time will result in a still-wild bird, not suited for indoors*at all*.

Yes, it's that.

And bear in mind, more than 1 pea raised indoors at a time will result in a still-wild bird, not suited for indoors*at all*.
Besides peacoks, other birds as geese, ducks or chikens if they are raised in a flock, they are still wild birds? That is very interesant!
Thanks

Chickens and most domestic ducks/geese are still pretty tame when raised in a group, in so far as I've seen/experienced, especially chickens. I have a group of 4 turkeys in my yard and I honestly can't tell if they are tame or just dumb. They don't really run from me, but I also wouldn't bring them indoors.

The peafowl I've raised indoors as imprints in pairs have never remained "tame" enough to keep indoors beyond 3 months old. Gizmo is at 4 months, but even with the extra attention paid to him, just two days ago he had his first "flush" when the swiffer spooked him (my bf didn't realize Gizmo is afraid of it, and he started using it before I could tell him). If Gizmo had had unclipped wings he would have hit the ceiling and possibly seriously injured himself, but thankfully he only made it about 5-6 feet into the air.

Are more domesticable animals.
I don't understand what is a "swiffer", Was well clip her wings....
Thanks

Just to let you know from experience that getting hit in the face from clipped flapping wings can be very painful, feels like getting hit in the face with tree bark
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom