Peafowl 103: Illness, Injury, Medication and Care (in progress)

There are three main diseases by the peacock:
1 - Blackhead ... they can die ... and even faster!
2 - Coryza ...they do not die .... or so after months of neglect.
3 - This one ... don't know the name ... but as everyone can see, it attacks the respiratory system - a bacterium ... a virus or a fungus, the bird die suffocated!

0.jpg

What is the name of this disease?
What is the medication? Tylan ???

There are three main diseases by the peacock:
1 - Blackhead ... they can die ... and even faster!
2 - Coryza ...they do not die .... or so after months of neglect.
3 - This one ... don't know the name ... but as everyone can see, it attacks the respiratory system - a bacterium ... a virus or a fungus, the bird die suffocated!

0.jpg

What is the name of this disease?
What is the medication? Tylan ???
Is that your bird? Do you have any baytril? Do you have and Safeguard (fenbendazole) or Valbazen (albendazole)? Have you checked the trachea for obstructions?

-Kathy

Is that your bird? ... it's not my bird !
Do you have any baytril? no problem to find ... so it will be a a bacteria the guilty ... Tylan must work too !
have you and Safeguard (fenbendazole) or Valbazen (albendazole) this is not a problem in the guts, here it is clearly a respiratory problem.
Have you checked the trachea for obstructions? worms in the trachea ... it can be a problem for young peacocks ... not for adults (3 years old).
I was thinking at Aspergillosis !
http://www.avianbiotech.co.uk/AsperEN

Is that your bird? ... it's not my bird !
Do you have any baytril? no problem to find ... so it will be a a bacteria the guilty ... Tylan must work too !
have you and Safeguard (fenbendazole) or Valbazen (albendazole) this is not a problem in the guts, here it is clearly a respiratory problem.
Have you checked the trachea for obstructions? worms in the trachea ... it can be a problem for young peacocks ... not for adults (3 years old).
I was thinking at Aspergillosis !
http://www.avianbiotech.co.uk/AsperEN
Peafowl of any age can get gapeworms, which is why I would treat with Safeguard.

Tylan will not work if the bacteria is gram negative, but Baytril usually will. Tylan is good for mycoplasma, but that's about it. Google the meaning of gram negative vs gram positive and the antibiotics that treat them.

-Kathy

For some reason i can't upload anything, but i will keep trying. He is got yellow liquid poop, but he has always had it. He is doing better these days it has been really worm and i have been giving antinflamattories, but he is up and down... I will post pictures as soon as can,
Javiera

For some reason i can't upload anything, but i will keep trying. He is got yellow liquid poop, but he has always had it. He is doing better these days it has been really worm and i have been giving antinflamattories, but he is up and down... I will post pictures as soon as can,
Javiera
What anti inflammatories have you been giving?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom