Peahen laid eggs on my porch

Jun 24, 2018
I live in Northern, CA in an area where there are a lot of free roaming peacocks.

On Friday night (it's now Sunday afternoon), one of them came up to my porch and laid three eggs in quick succession (within about an hour). The porch is elevated about 15 feet off the ground and made of solid concrete. Some of them rolled under a trailer I have there, so I put them back near her.

However, she does not seem very good at sitting on them - she will frequently be sitting on only one or just sitting in between or next to them. She is completely unafraid of me, so I have been putting them on paper towels near her to try to stop them from rolling away. I don't know if they would even still be viable with how frequently they roll away from her.

I have no interest in incubating or hatching the eggs myself, but would help her at least be able to sit on them if there were something I could do like that. If someone local wanted to take the eggs who has more competent peahens or an incubator, that would be reasonable too. Do you have any advice on what I should do?

Welcome-peacock-animated.gif

To Backyard Chickens
frow-bigger.gif

Back
Top Bottom