Pecked face and strange legs

kattfink

Songster
Jul 4, 2019
VIC, AUSTRALIA
My poor Lucy has been picked on for a while now..
Her face is bare and injured- see pic.
I bought Cetrigen but do not want to spray too close to her eyes. Can I spray some into a bowl and apply it another way?
Also her legs don't look the same as my 3 other chickens... A friend said to coat them in vegetable oil. Can someone please advise me on what to do?

Thanks! lucy.jpg lucy 2.jpg lucy legs.jpg
lucy.jpg

Can I spray some into a bowl and apply it another way?
Yep, use a qtip to apply...unless the stuff could hurt the eye if it got in there at all. Them something else might be better. Tho that wound is minor and might not need anything on it at all.

Also her legs don't look the same as my 3 other chickens... A friend said to coat them in vegetable oil. Can someone please advise me on what to do?
Scaly Leg Mites. Oil will work applied every few day for a week. Then wait, may take a long time for scale to look normal again, if they ever do.

For those interested, more of the story here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/chicken-being-bullied.1320502/

Yep, use a qtip to apply...unless the stuff could hurt the eye if it got in there at all. Them something else might be better. Tho that wound is minor and might not need anything on it at all.

Scaly Leg Mites. Oil will work applied every few day for a week. Then wait, may take a long time for scale to look normal again, if they ever do.

For those interested, more of the story here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/chicken-being-bullied.1320502/

Thanks Aart!!!

Yes to the veggie oil for scaly leg mites.

:hugs Having to deal with a bully chicken is never easy.

I would find it difficult to keep a bully chicken. Are they laying yet?
I am hoping beyond hope that once laying your bully will behave herself.:fl

Yes to the veggie oil for scaly leg mites.

:hugs Having to deal with a bully chicken is never easy.

I would find it difficult to keep a bully chicken. Are they laying yet?
I am hoping beyond hope that once laying your bully will behave herself.:fl

Thanks 21hens :)
The Bully laid her 1st egg 2 days ago! She does actually seem a little calmer! I separate the bantams from the reds at night and this also seems to be helping.
Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom