Quail bruised leg - It's this too bad?

Linita

Chirping
Dec 16, 2022

Yesterday night my quail had a small bruise in her pad. It was nothing serious. But she didn't wanna put that leg down while resting. She has a skin fungal infection and I have to apply the antifungal spray 2-3 times a day (Clotrimazol 1%). Today I just picked her up to check on the bruise and apply the spray and the bruise seemed to have gotten better. It went from the pad to the membrane a bit and started disappearing.

She's very tame but she doesn't like to be picked up for the spray and applying it so while I was handling her she fought back a bit as she usually does and since she does a lot of kicking even if I was careful I think she hurt herself again. Just right after I saw her foot getting so much worse with the bruising. Now is really bad. I also saw darkening a bit up into the leg (see picture).

Do you think maybe the injure is there and the blood is going down the foot? It's this worrisome? Or you think it's not serious and will be re-absorbed? I hope it's like a black eye looks really bad but it's just blood trapped in tissue.

Do I have to do anything about it?

Any tips for applying the spray without making it worse? The areas to spray are her low chest (parallel to floor) and upper legs

Do you think Clotrimazol spray can have caused blood thinning or something to make her prone to this? I've always handled her and never had an issue.
I haven't find it listed as a side effect.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom