Pecking

Branderella

Songster
10 Years
Jul 6, 2009
about 6 months ago my RIR and GSL pecked my araucana and SLW to death. Now my GSL is pecking herself almost bare around her butt and where her tail used to be. I noticed my RIR is getting bare and redish around her face, whats wrong? Please help. they are about a year old, they still lay everyday, and are nice to me. I have put "no peck" my GSL and it hasnt stopped her.

Have you checked for mites or lice? There is also a spray for birds that peck themselves, I think I saw it at a pet supply store. It says it helps sooth their skin and helps stop the self pecking. If it is mites or lice you should get some dust or spray and also apply to their coop area.

It could also be protein deficiency. That is what I had a problem with. They peck each others feathers. They killed my silver laced polish.
sad.png

Mine absolutely LOVE left over pinto beans!!!!! All Protein!!!! They will go crazy when they see me comming with the bean pot! LOL

Good luck and God Bless!

My chickens love leftovers, and believe it or not they really do love chicken. You could also try giving them eggs, raw, scrambled, hard boiled, my prefer cooked though. They do like beans and meat, hamburger goes really fast.

Back
Top Bottom