Peeling hardboiled eggs

taylacline

Chirping
May 19, 2022
Southern West Virginia
I always heard that older eggs were easier to peel than fresh ones and so we tested it out with some of our first eggs. Our poor hardboiled eggs looked so terrible. Is there a trick for hardboiling fresh eggs? I always use an ice bath when peeling and that didn't help at all. Or do I just need to wait a while for those eggs, and if so how long should I wait before I boil them?

Every time I think I have a perfect system, it eventually fails. At present however my process is start them in super hot water, bring to boil, boil for about 10mins, dump hot water and run super cold water over them while rolling them around banging them against the sides of the pan for a few minutes. Peel. I'll have 9 out of 10 easy peels this way.

After boiling and cooling, I usually crack the entirety of the eggshell before starting. I start at the end where the air cell was, making sure I start peeling the membrane between the shell and whites. Sometimes it works better if you have it in water during the peeling process.

After boiling and cooling, I usually crack the entirety of the eggshell before starting. I start at the end where the air cell was, making sure I start peeling the membrane between the shell and whites. Sometimes it works better if you have it in water during the peeling process.
this is how i peel mine as well, but I don't let them cool very long, they are still warm when I peel.

I am as skeptical as one can be when it comes to a suggestion about a new way of doing something, but this one was spot on. I have tried all the hacks of peeling eggs and they don't work as well as this one does. It is the next best thing to getting Lasik as being life changing for me. I happened to click on this video and tested it out on some day old eggs I got out of my girls' nests in the morning, and lo and behold, it works! I guarantee it. It is mind blowing that this "trick" isn't more well known when peeling hard boiled eggs. 4.9 million views.

I started steaming the eggs in my rice cooker instead and the shells come off amazingly easily. Before I started doing it that way, my stovetop hb eggs always looked massacred after peeling. :eek: :lol:

I rely on the inner skin. Boil them, cool them in ice cold water fro a minute or two and then whack them all over with a teaspoon for ten seconds, so the egg is cracked all over. Then just peel them. The bigger the intact pieces are, the more likely they are to ruin that perfect egg.

I am as skeptical as one can be when it comes to a suggestion about a new way of doing something, but this one was spot on. I have tried all the hacks of peeling eggs and they don't work as well as this one does. It is the next best thing to getting Lasik as being life changing for me. I happened to click on this video and tested it out on some day old eggs I got out of my girls' nests in the morning, and lo and behold, it works! I guarantee it. It is mind blowing that this "trick" isn't more well known when peeling hard boiled eggs. 4.9 million views.

Hey! It's me!!! I'm so humbled at how this video has gone viral. Mind blowing!

Back
Top Bottom