Peep peep- Hatching right now!

How many more eggs are still in the bator?

I think 18? A bunch have a pip but no movement at all and I am sure at least 6 of them have no embryo. We candled on day 16 and took a bunch out thinking they were infertile but the first one we cracked totally had a day 16 fetus. We candled again and got rid of 2 that were just yolk and put the rest back just in case. (That was quite the learning experience!)

I think 18? A bunch have a pip but no movement at all and I am sure at least 6 of them have no embryo. We candled on day 16 and took a bunch out thinking they were infertile but the first one we cracked totally had a day 16 fetus. We candled again and got rid of 2 that were just yolk and put the rest back just in case. (That was quite the learning experience!)

Don't worry it happens to everyone at LEAST once!

Hi guys so I’m at Day 21 today! Yesterday one egg has a chip on it where the air sac is but it’s not pipped. There are 3 more eggs in the bator.. if the egg with the chip on it still hasn’t pipped tonight what shall I do?

Hi guys so I’m at Day 21 today! Yesterday one egg has a chip on it where the air sac is but it’s not pipped. There are 3 more eggs in the bator.. if the egg with the chip on it still hasn’t pipped tonight what shall I do?

I'm honestly not sure. I have a few eggs left with that description as well. I was just going to leave them for a while longer but I'm just today day 21 and have had 23 hatch since day 19.

22 chicks alive and well this morning!! Woohoo!! Over 50% hatch rate at this point which is pretty cool! I really don't expect any more to hatch but I'll leave the bator on til tomorrow.

22 ♡♡
I'm quite thrilled with the rainbow of colours! Only a few are pure yellow, some have black spots, some are more golden and lots are black or grey.
A couple have fuzzy cheeks like an ameraucana :celebrate

20180802_071056.jpg

Now to set up my big brooder in the coop. These guys are running out of space!

No more peeps or movement from the incubator as of right now.

Wow they are sooo cute!!!
I still ha e no movement or pips.. I was so sure this time I would get some Chicks
All looked completely normal at day 18

22 ♡♡
I'm quite thrilled with the rainbow of colours! Only a few are pure yellow, some have black spots, some are more golden and lots are black or grey.
A couple have fuzzy cheeks like an ameraucana :celebrate

View attachment 1490615

Now to set up my big brooder in the coop. These guys are running out of space!

No more peeps or movement from the incubator as of right now.

Back
Top Bottom