2125g and 2999g they are resting in the fridge now.

Attachments

• 20200404_112719.jpg
    20200404_112719.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 3
Well guys...I did it... all by myself. Not nice.... and taking all the innards out is hard when you don't know what you are doing. Just cleaned them up properly... my son is burning off the hairy feathers. I'm going to weigh them then.... the one was huge!
The hens seem to be calmer without the roosters... especially from the idiot rooster. They are all in one group now.

I knew you could do it! What time are we having fried chicken? With the autobahn free, I could be there in oh 2 hours. I'll bring the beer? Coors, Miller, Bud or Corina? :D I prefer PBR or Rollin Rock myself.

What should I do? There is a firm that I buy American food items from, out of Amsterdam. This is the second order that they did not send what I asked for! They always send more! Before Christmas, I ordered 2 boxes of "StoveTop Stuffing".....they sent 6. Today my shipment arrived and it was way to heavy for what I ordered. I had ordered 2 cans of pineapple soda...they sent two whole packs...24 cans instead of 2! At 0.91€, thats over 20€ they lost! What to do? Wife says to email them and see what they say. I think she is right...so going to write them now...later! Enjoy your weekend!

oh.. wow.. where do you order? I usually make everything from scratch... but some soda would be nice. My hubby likes his rootbeer. yuk yuk yuk.
Here is the website......https://www.usfoodz.de/

It is the best site I have found in Europe. Cheap! How cheap, you ask? Well I use to buy Crisco shortening at Real for 5,99€....I pay 2,99€! Fast turn around time....I ordered on the late evening of 31 März and it arrived today at lunch time. A wide selection of items and yes, Root Beer! A&W Root Beer....1,19€

And yes, I wrote them an email, explaining everything. If it's not a seller, I don't know why...my daughter loves it! Was rather good, I might say.

A party? Yes madam!

food is a good way to most animals' hearts :D
are they laying for you?
not yet: they are really young and I've read that this breed doesn't start until 8/9 months... we have time. I don't even know their gender for sure, but I opened a thread to ask and they seem to be all girls... must be the beginner's luck!

a few weeks? Wow.. that's great! My chickens took several month and they still did not allow me to pet them. A couple of them just ate out of my hand.
this makes me feel better, I was afraid I did something wrong with them, but maybe it's normal they don't want me to pet them! well, I'll never stopy trying, I'm going to be their stalker! :D:D

Welcome to the madness of chickens! They will be a delight for you in so many ways! Don't be shy here and chat away. Any questions you have, I am sure someone here can help or at least send you into the right direction to find an answer. Looking forward to your stories about you and your chickens!
thanks a lot! I'm learning along the way and this forum seems a valuable source of information, I couldn't find anything like this in italian!

I have good news for all people who live in countries with restrictions or lock down.

Our regulations: Around 9 march people where asked to avoid contact like shaking hands, work at home if possible and all universities closed. This was not enough and we closed down all schools, bars, restaurants, zoo’s, museums, and social life on march 15. A few days later all barbers, physiotherapist and such, where its impossible to keep 5’ distance had to stop hands on treatments if not urgent.

Shops and take-aways are still open. Even some clothing and flower shops. People are asked to avoid parks and beaches where it can get crowded. Parking lots are closed to avoid a crowd. Public transport is only for people who go to work and have no other possibilities. Police is monitoring and people who gather (party) get a fine.

Results: After two weeks with this partial shut down we have less new cases in hospitable.
This article (In Dutch) shows we have less problems in the hospitals. The number of new deaths because of Covid19 is decreasing. Some people in ICU get better.
https://nos.nl/l/2329478NOS article with graphics
Graphic 1 (red) : number of patients in ICU. The green line is the capacity (upscaling after 23 march).
Graphic 2 / 3 : the black one shows the number of reported deceased each day. The red one the number of new people coming in hospital now.
Graphic 4 / 5 : the ages of people with corona in hospital (Red). The ages of the diseased (black).

Back
Top Bottom