Hallo my European peeps! :frow
I hope that each of you are in good health, coronavirus free, and not going crazy with lockdowns!
It has been a long 6 months since I have been here. I am sorry for not saying anything earlier, I just wanted to be alone with my recovery. A long story short, as you may recall we were replacing our roof and painting the house. I took a fall off the ladder, landed on my left side, breaking the arm, shoulder, hip and shifted the vertebrae in the back .🤕 Not fun! Now after 4 surgeries, one being a hip replacement, I am almost at 100%! Just going to have problems with back pain, walk with a cane and I can now predict the weather. Recovery has taken longer because of all these crazy lockdowns. I was able to go to rehab in beautiful Bad Reichenhall, only to have them close down my fourth day. So rehab was here at home, twice a week, instead of getting daily treatments. Better than nothing. But rehab is finished and I am ready to restart living!
Now, my daughter took great care of her ladies (I am not allow to call them "mine" any longer). She enlarged their coop, rebuilt their first small house (which they outgrew) and they now use it for laying. She is planning on moving the coop to the other side of the garden and adding another coop enclosure for a new flock of chicks. All of her efforts has lead her to decide to study animal husbandry after she finishes school in two years.

Enjoy your Saturday!
@Papa John59 How nice to hear from you again!!! I was just thinking of you a couple of days ago...I guess you "heard" that!
I am very happy that you are doing better again!!! I have been thinking of you often... but I didn't want to bother you again.
I am sorry you lost your girls to your daughter... :hugs But I guess you have visitation rights.
Sounds like she took very good care of them while you were recuperating. Wow... animal husbandry!!! Fantastic!!! She can join here any time!!! hahaha might have some questions for her! :D:D

Last edited:
Hallo my European peeps! :frow
I hope that each of you are in good health, coronavirus free, and not going crazy with lockdowns!
It has been a long 6 months since I have been here. I am sorry for not saying anything earlier, I just wanted to be alone with my recovery. A long story short, as you may recall we were replacing our roof and painting the house. I took a fall off the ladder, landed on my left side, breaking the arm, shoulder, hip and shifted the vertebrae in the back .🤕 Not fun! Now after 4 surgeries, one being a hip replacement, I am almost at 100%! Just going to have problems with back pain, walk with a cane and I can now predict the weather. Recovery has taken longer because of all these crazy lockdowns. I was able to go to rehab in beautiful Bad Reichenhall, only to have them close down my fourth day. So rehab was here at home, twice a week, instead of getting daily treatments. Better than nothing. But rehab is finished and I am ready to restart living!
Now, my daughter took great care of her ladies (I am not allow to call them "mine" any longer). She enlarged their coop, rebuilt their first small house (which they outgrew) and they now use it for laying. She is planning on moving the coop to the other side of the garden and adding another coop enclosure for a new flock of chicks. All of her efforts has lead her to decide to study animal husbandry after she finishes school in two years.

Enjoy your Saturday!

welcome back!

glad to hear you have recovered. I also hope you will run soon. also glad to hear about your daughter. it is important to love the job as we spend a lot of time at work. I guess she will need someone to help her so that is your second chance, lol.

Hello World 🤣

Attachments

• 20210413_145055.jpg
    20210413_145055.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 2
OK, I need an incubator opinion/advice. I looked at several different brands of incubators, which I may be able to buy locally (without crossing the border). It turned out - neither the Italian incubators Covatutto, neither the Romanian ones have alarms. I need an incubator WITH a SOUND alarm when the temperature goes higher or lower. The Chinese incubators that I have have alarms for everything and you are calm that if anything happens (the Sun is too bright and the temp inside goes up; or the water has finished and the humidity has dropped down) you are notified through the alarm.
Could you please recommend a good incubator brand WITH a sound alarm? I have not checked HEKA as they are not available here.. @abpatchy do HEKA incubators have sound alarms?
And I think I have a broody Leghorn?? 3rd day in the nest today. She only started laying 2 months ago, she is no older than 7 months...

OK, I need an incubator opinion/advice. I looked at several different brands of incubators, which I may be able to buy locally (without crossing the border). It turned out - neither the Italian incubators Covatutto, neither the Romanian ones have alarms. I need an incubator WITH a SOUND alarm when the temperature goes higher or lower. The Chinese incubators that I have have alarms for everything and you are calm that if anything happens (the Sun is too bright and the temp inside goes up; or the water has finished and the humidity has dropped down) you are notified through the alarm.
Could you please recommend a good incubator brand WITH a sound alarm? I have not checked HEKA as they are not available here.. @abpatchy do HEKA incubators have sound alarms?
And I think I have a broody Leghorn?? 3rd day in the nest today. She only started laying 2 months ago, she is no older than 7 months...
Heka only has a visual alarm. But they don't need them. They always run perfectly... That's what they are known for.
You need to make sure that your incubator (and it doesn't matter what brand) is not sitting in sunlight. Best is a room where the temperature does not fluxuate too much. I know... it's not easy and always possible. But maybe use a dark curtain or something to block out the sun.
I really don't know about sound alarms in any incubator. Have you checked out Brinsea?

Back
Top Bottom