@AnnaWolf what are your tiny ladies?
That will be my 3 tiny 10 week old dutch bantams. Toos, Nugget and Jacky.
20210411_120321.jpg

20210411_120741.jpg

But I'm not sur Toos ( last picture) is full dutch I think she is growing a tiny beard:idunno

Hallo my European peeps! :frow
I hope that each of you are in good health, coronavirus free, and not going crazy with lockdowns!
It has been a long 6 months since I have been here. I am sorry for not saying anything earlier, I just wanted to be alone with my recovery. A long story short, as you may recall we were replacing our roof and painting the house. I took a fall off the ladder, landed on my left side, breaking the arm, shoulder, hip and shifted the vertebrae in the back .🤕 Not fun! Now after 4 surgeries, one being a hip replacement, I am almost at 100%! Just going to have problems with back pain, walk with a cane and I can now predict the weather. Recovery has taken longer because of all these crazy lockdowns. I was able to go to rehab in beautiful Bad Reichenhall, only to have them close down my fourth day. So rehab was here at home, twice a week, instead of getting daily treatments. Better than nothing. But rehab is finished and I am ready to restart living!
Now, my daughter took great care of her ladies (I am not allow to call them "mine" any longer). She enlarged their coop, rebuilt their first small house (which they outgrew) and they now use it for laying. She is planning on moving the coop to the other side of the garden and adding another coop enclosure for a new flock of chicks. All of her efforts has lead her to decide to study animal husbandry after she finishes school in two years.

Enjoy your Saturday!
Wow! Welcome back with the peeps John. Long time no see. Wish you the utmost recovery! (Is that proper English?)

I didn’t get any updates anymore since the weekend. And now I suddenly have to catch up 5 pages 🤣.

I put 55 eggs into lockdown this morning. Had to take 6 out... they had died off.
2 are with a big questionmark since the air blubble is at the pointy end. I am pretty certain that it wasn't when I first candled. View attachment 2619142
Good luck. 55 is still a lot of eggs. 👍 🤞 have a great hatch.
Tomorrow evening I want to candle my bantam RiR eggs.

Good luck. 55 is still a lot of eggs. 👍 🤞 have a great hatch.
Tomorrow evening I want to candle my bantam RiR eggs.
Thank you!!! I had hoped for more chicks this year... but I think it will be ok. And maybe it will be better that way... I kinda have a feeling that there won't be shows this fall either. I do hope there will be... but! Bird flu and covid is just a bummer.

Let as know how your hatch is going!!! Good luck again!!

Back
Top Bottom