Ok, so this is a LF Cochin rooster which I am keeping, though I don't like the colour he is the largest of this hatch. Georgio... Being lost in the fallen leaves, all golden...
Then my Freezle chick which I am almost sure is a pullet..
The last one is how we are having coffee in the morning ☺️

I have one peep this morning from my mama Silkie! And I heard the chick inside, I am so much hoping no LF rooster interfered this time and I finally have pure Silkie chicks.

On the "integrating mama hen with chicks with the rest of the flock" to be honest I don't even know why separate them as a start. I have never separated broodies and mamas and never had issues, they have always grown all together happily.

I will get informed soon if there will be possibility to send you naked necks and get a cochin roo from you. can you post pics of the remaining cochins? my friend asked what colour they are.

I am getting a pair of minorca and will be hatching lakenvelder for a friend of mine. if we find a way to send chickens/eggs you will be able to get breeds you want.

where do you live? you can send me a pm if you prefer.

Last ones in the shed brooder, but I'm kicking them out soon. Yesterday, the young ones were enjoying the sun.

P1010528 (2)-7.JPG
P1010560.JPG

Last ones in the shed brooder, but I'm kicking them out soon. Yesterday, the young ones were enjoying the sun.

View attachment 2878532View attachment 2878536
nice!!! Those are the true Sussex from the breeders... not the hybrids, correct?
How are they turning out? Do you still have the yellowing?

We might actually get a new member who breeds bantam Sussex...and he is involved in the specialty club. One of our older members died very suddenly. He was still very productive and riding his bike and all...and bam.... gone. So his coop needs a new breeder. Very sad...he did so much for our club.

Brace yourselves... the bird flu is on the rise again. From what I heard The Netherlands have already put the chickens in lockdown. There are some areas in northern Germany that are in lockdown already. Some dead animals were found in Bavaria in the south. I just read that the UK has a first case again as well.
There have been talk about vaccinations...
I am just so tired of all of this...:(

Ok, so this is a LF Cochin rooster which I am keeping, though I don't like the colour he is the largest of this hatch. Georgio... Being lost in the fallen leaves, all golden...
Then my Freezle chick which I am almost sure is a pullet..
The last one is how we are having coffee in the morning ☺️

I have one peep this morning from my mama Silkie! And I heard the chick inside, I am so much hoping no LF rooster interfered this time and I finally have pure Silkie chicks.

On the "integrating mama hen with chicks with the rest of the flock" to be honest I don't even know why separate them as a start. I have never separated broodies and mamas and never had issues, they have always grown all together happily.
First I separated my broodies because there was too much fuss and the eggs where disturbed. After the chicks hatched I opened up, but a bossy hen didn’t behave very nice and ate all the chick feed. And I kept the broodies/chicks separated for about 4 weeks.

Brace yourselves... the bird flu is on the rise again. From what I heard The Netherlands have already put the chickens in lockdown. There are some areas in northern Germany that are in lockdown already. Some dead animals were found in Bavaria in the south. I just read that the UK has a first case again as well.
There have been talk about vaccinations...
I am just so tired of all of this...:(
Yes 🤬, the Netherlands are in Lockdown again. Hopefully it will pass more quickly this time. A couple of weeks ago they already found infected wild ducks and geese. Last week a big farm was infected and cleared.

There are possibilities to vaccinate, but our government doesn’t want it.

About 2 hours drive from Sofia, not bad. I am closer to Makaza border - Komotini, except Google maps is showing this road closed now..hmmmm weird.

someone will be going to goce delcev around christmas. that is far away from you. also pullman from sofia (if still takes live chickens) charges 20 eur/box. not really worth it. maybe we can somehow send eggs.

can you check with transport companies if there is any truck coming to athens?

Back
Top Bottom