Pekin Duck Club!

Can we say spoiled?! Lol. Lucky and Clover have a spoiled rotten bedtime routine... After a long day of outside play it's inside for a swim in the tub and cuddle time in the chair to warm and dry with dad before headed to bed. Still to little for overnights in the outdoor pen.

@Miss Lydia Flossy finally laid an egg! First 1 since her accident! However, it was weird! It was cracked at the top, but I'm thinking maybe she or Felix stepped/sat on it. But it had this "thing" attached to the top... like a thick short curled string... Idk how to explain it.. it was just weird. Any idea what it could've been?

@Miss Lydia Flossy finally laid an egg! First 1 since her accident! However, it was weird! It was cracked at the top, but I'm thinking maybe she or Felix stepped/sat on it. But it had this "thing" attached to the top... like a thick short curled string... Idk how to explain it.. it was just weird. Any idea what it could've been?
Probably just a kink in the equipment after having a break from laying, it happens sometimes. make sure she has extra calcium in the form of Oyster shell so she gets plenty of calcium for her shells. More than likely the next one will be normal.

Probably just a kink in the equipment after having a break from laying, it happens sometimes. make sure she has extra calcium in the form of Oyster shell so she gets plenty of calcium for her shells. More than likely the next one will be normal. 

The 1 today wasn't normal either, I didn't see 1 in her house... but when I went to empty the pool I noticed there was 1 in the water. When I grabbed it I was like what the heck?! It was the size of a normal egg but it was soft & had this cord thing on the top again. The thing on top is almost like a umbilical cord except it's not like gooey. Weird! I will get some oyster shells tomorrow! It has been quite a while since she had laid... maybe everything (her "equimpment") is just warming back up!

Back
Top Bottom