Pekin Duck Club!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DenverDucky, Feb 6, 2013.

1. chickengirl987

chickengirl987 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Maine!
    do jumbo pekins count?

2. Shalva

Shalva Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2012
    New Hampshire
    My new kids... just got them yesterday .... I think they are about a week old and I have allowed them a short swim and we have been working on handling and getting used to me.... they are currently hanging in the guest bedroom with the heat lamps. I have two rubbermaid bins set up one for 10 chicklets and the other for the two ducklings. I know they are teeny babies so I havent been handling a great deal about a half hour a day as I know they need their rest but here are the kids... I sat on the floor and let them walk around a bit and they climbed into my lap... I love their little faces... boy in front, girl in back ... names to be decided

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Mountains of Western N.C.
    They are adorable. [​IMG]

4. nate1the1great1

nate1the1great1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado
    ohh my gosh they are so cute ahhahahaha i love it now since you have a breeding pair well youll find out when the girl disappears and comes back with 15 ducks

5. Shalva

Shalva Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2012
    New Hampshire
    no no no no no no no .... no ducklings lolol these cuties were straight run so it was luck of the draw... but NO ducklings lolol

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  6. nate1the1great1

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado
    hhahahaah ya well good luckj cause sometimes they will go away somewhere were u cant find them lay there eggs than hatch but other than that duck eggs are goood to use for cakes and cupcakes and brownies allllllllolooooolll

1 person likes this.
  7. singham

singham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2013
    Athens, Tennessee
    today, i found one of my 6 week old Pekins on her back. I picked her up, watched her, she drank and waddled around with the others and seemed fine. 2 hours later, I found her on her back again. This time, when i picked her up, she was a bit wobbly on her feet, but walked away from me. When she attempted to flap her wings, she tipped over, wings spread, and just lay there. I picked her back up and she was just limp, head hanging, no movement other than breathing.

I have separated her with water only. I have no idea what is happening! She was perfectly fine up until today. :(

Anyone else here experience this??

8. nate1the1great1

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado
    i have heard of this and they say it might be seisures or just a sickness

9. jaimitastic

jaimitastic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2014
    [​IMG]

Her are my ducks at 5 weeks old. They are definitely a male and female. PB (pink beak) is a female and OB (orange beak) is a male.

Unfortunately I've been extremely busy the past few weeks so they've become much more skiddish from lack of attention. I'm trying to work in bonding time everyday now. We are building their coop and run this weekend/next week so we'll hopefully have them outside by next weekend!

10. Julez21

Julez21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2014
    I'm still waiting to be included!!! :O) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by