Pekin Duck Club!

Yes it's Lamont who isn't well. It's closing in on 24 hours and it seems like he's getting worse. Foe the past hour and a half he has been standing, his neck crouch down peeping in despair (he has many different peeps. Having not eaten for over 10 hours, at 10am I hand fed him, he took a few nibbles and some water. Every hour since I've done the same. He's nibbled a few times and had a few drinks of water. This standing this worries me greatly.

Oh,that saddens me. Really. I am sorry for you and Lamont. Poor lil guy. He is so cute. I know nothing about treatment for the baby but I am glad to hear he's eating and drinking a little.

when grazing outside closley supervised he has a few Worms, grass, peas for a treat and lettus out of the duck garden onlineoccasionally besides his regular diet..until 9pm last night. Since hes only taken from hand some crumbles and water.ive offered every hour since 8am. He's had 3 irregular poos. One last nite 2or 3am. Thick slimey yellow. 8am a mucous encased roll tinged redish orange. (Pick below ) a third at about 2pm completely liquid light brown. Somewhere in between, a 'normal pea sized turd. Since 3pm he's not gone to the bathroom.
Up until about an hour ago (530) he seemed to be getting better. Now he just stands with his head crouched low peeping in despair (he has different peeps). 645pm he didn't take food or water he was offered.

8am poo

530pm standing weird

I am new to ducklings so I don't really know what to tell you, but I hope Lamont recovers! :( Is there anything that he could have eaten and do his poops look normal? Good luck!

i have purchased 6 peking ducks one died as he got alittle older don't know why.. love them so handsome love the white color of them.. but they are really messy uggh ...don't know if I would do them again.. eat tons of food and water drink a lot.. all look great gonna let them forage on property in a few weeks with pond.. see what happens send pics when i can...

I have 4 Pekin Ducks... just over one month old.

One has started to make quacking noises.. so I know she is a she!

the other 3 are still squeaking.

My question is.. do the females all start to quack at the same age or can some take longer?

I hope I don't end up with 3 males and only one female!!!!

I have 4 Pekin Ducks... just over one month old.

One has started to make quacking noises.. so I know she is a she!

the other 3 are still squeaking.  

My question is.. do the females all start to quack at the same age or can some take longer?

I hope I don't end up with 3 males and only one female!!!! 

My first quacker started almost a week before the last one. Some of them can take longer!

Ccook06 thanks for the feed back. I am planning on switching the chickens to a different hatchery on day 18. And Yes it's very half being patient. I will be candle then for the first time in a day or two. Cant wait to see the outcome. How many degrees should I drop the temp during lockdown???

You'll want to gradually drop the temp by about 2 degrees F. (For ducks at least, not 100% sure about chickens but it is probably similar). The actual temp depends on whether you have a forced air or still air incubator. Mine went from about 100.5 down to 98.5 (still air/no fan). The humidity gets raised at the same time to around 65-70%.

Okay thanks.. i calaberiated (however you spell it) my thermometer. And it read 37.5 when I did the ice test. So that means it's 5° off so if I calculated right and I should have by incubator set at 99.5 then I should really set it at 104.5 since my Therm. Is 5° off RIGHT? This is my first time hatching babies.

Today was the 1st day the ducklings spent more than a few minutes on the pond. They are loosing their fear of the big water now!! But they still prefer to squeeze in their washing up bowl..

Today was the 1st day the ducklings spent more than a few minutes on the pond. They are loosing their fear of the big water now!! But they still prefer to squeeze in their washing up bowl..

Cute they still squeeze into their smaller water pool. That would be a fun sight.

Back
Top Bottom