Pekin duck question...?

mlwtbzj

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Baldwin, Ga
I have a friend that has Pekin ducks and they keep dying. She has them in a pin that is up off the ground and closed in de to the weather being colder. Could it be something that she is feeding them, not feeding them, the kind of pin she has them in, etc. We're just not sure what's going on. Any help would be welcomed! Thanks!!

I think the problem is not enought information. Ducks can die for many reasons.

Maybe if you added a little more information.

Age? What they are being Fed? Have they been wormed latey? Have they shown any weird behaviour or symptoms before dying?
Even describing their poo if it is abnormal might help people give an indication of what is happeneing. Anything else you can provide will help.

Do you mean PEN?

If she is keeping them in a wire pen off the ground, I wonder how many are getting foot infections. Ducks should not be raised on wire.

Yes, I ment PEN...The pen is wooden and totally closed in with great ventilation. They are 4 months old, on chick starter, wormed, and acting fine last night. Drinking, quaking, and eating. She just found them dead.

Last edited:
There has been alot of discussion over medicated food for ducklings- but i have never heard of anyone having problems here in oz with feeding medicated to ducklinigs.

You may have a differnt ingredient over there- but most people feed the same to chicks and ducklings.

duckyfromoz, I suspect we do have some differences.

mlwtbzj, was the pen used for any other animals or to store anything before your friend put the ducks in it?

How has the weather been down there? Colder than normal? What kind of bedding is your friend using?

Back
Top Bottom